Discussion in 'Technic Discussion' started by ImHereForTheBugs, Jun 27, 2012.
Can any1 explain me how u can install e.g. forestry to technic? I cant get it to work.
Likewise. Have been looking for free id #'s without any luck...
Also does anyone know why Forestry was removed?
You really don't need to ask this question. There are 50+ threads related to it in some way. There was a disagreement between the Technic creators and the creator of Forestry that was only ended relatively peacefully with them removing it from the pack. End of story.
How to find free ID's in Technic:
1) Start Technic without the new mods
2) Start/Load a world
3) Open inventory, click on "Options" in the bottom left, then on Block/Item ID Settings
4) Set the options to "Ignore BlockIDs", "Dump Unused BlockIDs", "Ignore ItemIDs", "Ignore Unused BlockIDs"
5) Click on "Dump ID Map now"
6) Close Minecraft, install the mod of your choice (typically just dumping the .zip or .jar in the .techniclauncer\technicssp\mods folder), restart Minecraft and wait for the crash. (now the needed .cfg files should have been created)
7) Open the ID Map from step 5) (can be found in .techniclauncer\technicssp), open the config of your new mod found in .techniclauncer\technicssp\config and change the blockIDs used to free ones from your dump.
8) Have fun with your new mod
For Forestry I changed the blockIDs in config\forestry\base.conf to 201-205.
I just want to say.... You are probably the rudest F@%$ I've ever seen on these forums. I've seen you on so many different forums... it's kinda wierd. I never even had an account until I saw you talking down to everyone who asked a really simple question.
Just had to say that. You are annoying
What was even rude about that post? If you consider that rude, you obviously haven't been around here long. Seriously, what was so bad about him saying "why bother asking this when you could read one of the many threads already about it"?
This is the only forum I'm currently more than very lightly active on, at least with this name, so the bold above is either an outright lie or I have a double that's defiling my good name. A simple search indicates that it's the former.
Honestly, it's kind of my job to be as direct and straightforward as possible on the forums here. It might not have been so at the time I made that post though, since it was just shy of a year ago. The fact that you resurrected a year-old thread to tell a moderator that he was being rude, when he wasn't, speaks volumes as to the amount of thought and effort you put into your post.
You really should check post dates before adding to a thread.
I did, but since the guy necroing it was still active I thought I might as well respond to him.
Is it bad that I think I remember this thread from when it was made?
Separate names with a comma.