So. you got yourself a tekkit server?

heres the file-http://pastebin.ca/2165626

thanks for the fast response!and also for some reason when i stick it in pastebin it moves the modifyworld to the next line but in my perms it's on the line above! hope that makes sense lol

and thanks agian

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest turning debug on for PEX and checking your server log to see what's going on. Just don't leave it on too long as it will blow up the size of your log.

hurr

I did this and found that it skips over that permission node and goes straight to the modifyworld.*

any idea on how to fix this?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone willing to share their config files for all of this publicly? I keep screwing mine up because I inevitably miss something and I have the feeling that the next version of Tekkit is right around the corner, so aggravating my carpal tunnel to do it all myself again sounds really excruciating.

I did this and found that it skips over that permission node and goes straight to the modifyworld.*

any idea on how to fix this?

:)

Also make sure that in the plugins/Modifyworld/config.yml file, the "itemRestrictions" entry is set to true. by default this is false and it won't do the active inventory scanning to remove restricted items.

I get this when i run the server launcher.

an error occured during initialization of VM

Could not reserv ebough space for object heap

Error: Could not create the java virtual machine

Error: A fatal exeption has occurred. Program will exit.

Please help!

there is a fix for this in the general tekkit smp stickies, under "usefull pages" by stc, and then the havox thing

Why would you suggest PEX over bPermissions? bPermissions has a handy webgui that makes it super easy to add groups and permissions. Thanks.

because permissionsEX is the most developed and most extencive plugin you will find on the bukkitDEV. it supports very single way of permissions and bppermissions doesnt. + im used to pex

also, you can use a site from wich i lost the link (sorry ;/) to create permission files for you

Why would you suggest PEX over bPermissions? bPermissions has a handy webgui that makes it super easy to add groups and permissions. Thanks.

Because the bperms team decided that the * perms must be a no go to be UNIQUE for them to develop. And thus make it a pain in the rear to manage in the end although it is a really nice perms system and gui and shit. But it does not cut the bill when pex has regexp perms PLUS * nodes.

Also on recent updates on bperms its been glitching like crazy on our servers D: Not nice for us to have people tping randomly to other people even though they don't have perms.

But hell who is here to fight. That is just my oppinion. Also from the post about the modifyworld issue. I agree with the one user it does not look like it should skip it... Wish i can help there..

is there a version of mob bounty someone can link me too for tekkit?

sadly enough, mobounty is inactive. but this plugin is better!!

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-mech-moneydrop-v1-6-2-drop-tangible-virtual-money-from-players-and-mobs-spout-1-2-5-r1.33485/

protip: use industrialcraft credits as coins, thats what they are made for.

is there another good anti-craft plugin that isnt modifyworld? im trying to prevent Quantum chestplates, and im using essentials.

im trying to get the Q. chestplate blocked with recipemanager, but it wont work. i havnt found any way to block off recipes AT ALL. the anti-craft plugins dont work for tekkit items. when i make progress on recipemanager i will contact you.

good luck w/ your server!!

Love this, just a starting a new server and HATE GRIEFERS but love raiding and seeing all the people on talk get really pissy...really awesome page

if you want people to be able to raid on your server you may want to get multiworld to create a world for your spawn only so it has less chance to be griefed and it will allow you make backups easier. set a small border at the spawn world using worldborder

Why you don’t need anti cheat plugins:

This is quite simple as well: you can’t add clients like nodus to tekkit. You also can’t install fly hacks and x-ray hacks will most of the time not show any ores except the vanilla ones. You can’t login with a free minecraft account then you use the technic launger. The only way to get past a server ban is to use a secondary account. You can simply ban a player’s ip to make sure they won’t join again. And you truly don’t need any anti hacking plugins to look for a nuker, since a RM Morningstar will look like a nuker hack. So just don’t get those plugins:

·KnoHacks

·Nocheat

·Nocheat+

·antiHacker

·and all other plugins which work like this

This is completely untrue. People mod their clients every day. I even think there is a release of a mod client for Tekkit. Its horrible. They need to come out with a nocheat to work with Tekkit.

Just my 2 cents, as I'm getting all of the plugins set up to go public with my server, one of my favorite plugins back in March/April when I last had a public server, was Backup, http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/backup/ , it tends to need about a gig of RAM for itself or it'll crash your server (maybe that was Minebackup and that's why I prefer this over Minebackup), but, it's a great way to prevent yourself from screwing over your server entirely and not being able to roll back, because it just zips up copies of your entire server directory and you can have it save a number of them.

I use it especially when I'm testing out new plugins since it saves your plugins directory as well.

Edit: I'm going to retract my recommendation for this plugin as it seems to be causing crashing. I suspect it's crashing when it zips folders up so I'm trying it without the zip functionality.

Hello, ive recently became over of 50 slot tekkit server. basicly i got alot of protection plugins and there all working nicely, the problem is that permissionsex, put it simply i dont code, and im dyslexic so looking at its clusterfudge of textcode im going nowhere very fast. All i want to is stop the use of redmatter armor and the gem armor and nukes(currently nukes have been nerfed on my server, but i rather have them gone). aslong as they cant equip the armor id be happy.

So any help on this (red) matter would be appreciated.

Thanks