BUG TESTER NEEDED (Lag issue)

Cheap Shot

Question

We are looking to solve the lag issues some people are having, but we need (a) tester(s) who are experiencing the problem to help us isolate the cause. The problem we face is that most of us don't even have the issue. We're going to need at least one or two people who are willing to help out for a short time.

What we are looking for:

-Someone who experiences very poor FPS after a few minutes of gameplay.

-Someone who has knowledge and experience working with computers (intelligence)

-Someone who can follow instructions without confusion

We'd need you to run a program to track minecrafts CPU and memory usage and then share the results with our launcher coder Agelian.

We are going to be VERY picky about who we take, and will probably only choose one or two people. If you can help us and are qualified, please post here with your computers specs and OS. We'll contact you via PM. Do not PM any of us asking about this, we don't want our inboxes full of spam. You'll be refused or mocked.

Thanks for helping!

21 answers to this question

I'd love to. I had lag and resolved it so i am playing around and Isolating it on my own as is.

Specs on my machine

FX8150 8 core AMD.

16GB Ram

SLI 570 HD's

Programming and IT Background A+ Net+, win 7 Ultimate / Home Premium (laptop)

Might want to look at having an Intel guy as i currently have no Intel stuff laptop is ati

I'd love to. I had lag and resolved it so i am playing around and Isolating it on my own as is.

Specs on my machine

FX8150 8 core AMD.

16GB Ram

SLI 570 HD's

Programming and IT Background A+ Net+, win 7 Ultimate / Home Premium (laptop)

Might want to look at having an Intel guy as i currently have no Intel stuff laptop is ati

Well, we're looking for someone who currently has the bug so we can track it, but if you want to share your fix or any information please do. Go ahead and use this thread.

Mine is In full testing.

First off, For some odd reason changing the Ram allocation seems to really mess it up. Is it possible that a 0 is dropping off some where in the allocation?

As for my "fix"(more of a work-around) I have found make sure you have the right java version.

I am running 6-Jre 64bit (download it with IE in 64bit Firefox isn't 64 bit not sure about chrome)

This is reiterated a thousand times all over in just about every fix.

Currently try allocating memory at 1gb in the launcher, That is all I can confirm on my end that is working on my machine. Anti-virus software seems to have issues Mal-ware bytes anti Mal-ware seems fine though.

I have found a few bad news processes, Processes that seem to directly affect playability.

Ill have a list I will Update on this thread. when I confirm it causes issues. (anyone else Can PM me and I will try and see if I can replicate the results)

JAVA 64-bit seems to be a big part of the issue Also on 32-bit versions.

dont set Memory over 2gb (obviously a 32-bit cant handle over 4 gb as it is)

looking at other causes.

with your specs You want to include your version of Java.

Processes under review

Confirmed Conflicted Processes

[email protected] (folding @ home service)

F@HCore_15.exe*32

Yes how can i help? I've wrote numerous posts about this on the forums and im now glad its getting officially noticed. I haven't played minecraft in a week due to this problem. Im getting a "Minecraft is out of memory" error message. Says either ram not allocated enuf or java virtual machine is broken somewhat.

If you need anything just reply back and tell me wat to do

In addition to crucibles and pipes full of crap causing lag,

there was an nvidia driver that screwed up HDD read/write. I don't remember the version though.

and a recent version of utorrent that just raped I/O when active.

both have since been fixed so if either of those are in play it might be prudent to update.

Yes how can i help? I've wrote numerous posts about this on the forums and im now glad its getting officially noticed. I haven't played minecraft in a week due to this problem. Im getting a "Minecraft is out of memory" error message. Says either ram not allocated enuf or java virtual machine is broken somewhat.

If you need anything just reply back and tell me wat to do

Ugh. You're not even getting....what...ugh. Go trouble shoot or update. You're getting errors, probably because your computer is configured wrong. This thread is to find someone to help pinpoint general performance issue, not find out why you're getting error messages. You didn't even post your computers specs like the OP requests. Why would you post in here without reading the whole OP?

I was currently having the lag problem, and I'm a Software Engineer with experience in Java/c/c++.

So if you need help testing stuff, just PM me.

Computer Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate (64Bit)

Intel I7 970 (3,2 Ghz, not overclocked)

24Gb Memory

Ati Radeon 5800

SSD main harddrive

I was currently having the lag problem, and I'm a Software Engineer with experience in Java/c/c++.

So if you need help testing stuff, just PM me.

Computer Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate (64Bit)

Intel I7 970 (3,2 Ghz, not overclocked)

24Gb Memory

Ati Radeon 5800

SSD main harddrive

Bless ye.

edit: Was about to lose hope so thanks for offering you help. We appreciate it. I'll talk to Agelian and let you know tonight.

No problem,

It is a great mod pack, and I would like to help make it even better :)

But do keep in mind I live in the Netherlands, which means I live in GMT+1 it is 21:54 here right now, and the forum time is at 15:54 so tonight for you might mean I will be sleeping, but I will check in the morning and report back as soon as possible.

its was fine b4 the update..... not my computers specs.

well here ya go

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.111025-1503)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9000 @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3040MB RAM

Page File: 1936MB used, 4140MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

I just started having the lag issue over the last few days.

I have a Core2 Duo 2.4 ghz

Windows Vista home premium 64bit

4gb ram

I also have a 512 (dedicated) nvidia card in my laptop.

I am using all default configs for the launcher and using the rec build

I would be happy to assist if you need.

Any of you getting a lag problem can help even if you're not contacted. First off, go to the launcher options and turn your allocated memory down. Try setting it to 512. Minecraft itself is awkward and actually tends to run WORSE when you allocate it more ram. If that doesn't help, go back to the launcher and hit "mod select" and turn off buildcraft and see how that effects your performance. Some testing was showing that BC uses 20-30% of the total CPU used while running minecraft. Constantly. Even if you're not using BC stuff. See if disabling it cures your lag.

Please post your results here.

I get the lag all the damned time, temp fix for 5 to 20 mins extra play, end process of running firefox, if firefox isnt running, lag comes after 10 mins of play, close more programs being used (usually winamp)

My specs

Processor: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core Processor 2.70 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.25 GB usable)

System type: 32-bit Operating System

I beta test for some companies (cant say what ones due to legal reasons) so I know how to post logs, explain how a bug happend and follow instructions and report on if the instructions fixed the issue or made things worse :)

Also I'm a PC engineerwith quite a few years behind me and I have more than just the one PC and laptops I can test on :D

main issue I get after the lag of death is.... RUNNING OUT OF MEMORY!!!!! even though I set it to half gig, 1 gig, 2 gig usage :'(

Windows 7 Ultimate (not service packed but up to date with updates) running on Java 6 update 11 (build 1.6.0_b05)

EDITED after I realised I forgot this part lol ;D and I didn't want to double post the info :) )

Ive got the lag issue as well it runs out of memory after 5 minutes and i can only get a maximum of 5 fps but it fluctuates significantly up to then.

AMD athlon x4 645 @3.2GHz

4GB ram

nvidia gtx 570

windows XP 32 bit

i checked the cpu and memory usage and it used a maximum of 25% cpu and only 450mb ram even if more is allocated.

Ive got the lag issue as well it runs out of memory after 5 minutes and i can only get a maximum of 5 fps but it fluctuates significantly up to then.

AMD athlon x4 645 @3.2GHz

4GB ram

nvidia gtx 570

windows XP 32 bit

i checked the cpu and memory usage and it used a maximum of 25% cpu and only 450mb ram even if more is allocated.

I see you're running 32 bit. The max you can allocate is 1GB of ram. Are you trying to allocate more then that? Also is 450 how much ram is being used, or the MAX amount that can be used? There is a significant difference. Also do the standard check to make sure your version of java is correct and up to date because it's good practice.

I am not experienced with java debugging but I do have this issue aswell.

Alienware M14x

Windows 7 64 bit

4GB ram

Intel i5 SandyBridge 2.3ghz

Nvidia Gtx555m

Things I checked

My power cord was in all the way so my card was receiving full power.

power settings were set to maximum.