Tekkit Classic Server - Java Internal Exception Help

DeadlyOptics

I just installed a Tekkit Classic Server on my VPS. Upon playing with a couple buddies getting everything setup all three of us came across this error at the same time in roughly 30min intervals:  Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Quite honestly, I installed the Tekkit Launcher yesterday because my buddy told me too and I loved the gameplay so I figured HEY WHY NOT just start a server. The server consists of simply the install I have yet to touch any config files just yet as I have no idea where to start.

I'm very much fluent in linux as well as VPS use but not so much in Tekkit or Minecraft even.

System:

Intel XEON

3Cores @ 3.5GHz

8GB Ram

125GB SSD Storage

Linux - CentOS 6.5

Java 7u71(Serverside as well as client side when playing)

Does anyone know what could cause this error server side. The majority of remarks I have read online stem around RAM and CPU but I have most certainly overkill for a server.

Any resolutions, opinions will be of great help.

• Discord Moderator

Things to check:

• Is there some backup or other automated process running every 30 minutes which might be lagging the client/server communication enough to kick you all?
  • Does the disconnect happen after 30 minutes online, or on specific 30 minute intervals?
  • Is the server restarting when this happens, or is it just "pausing" due to lag/load?
  • How much RAM are you allocating in the server startup script?

Things to check:

• Is there some backup or other automated process running every 30 minutes which might be lagging the client/server communication enough to kick you all?
  • Does the disconnect happen after 30 minutes online, or on specific 30 minute intervals?
  • Is the server restarting when this happens, or is it just "pausing" due to lag/load?
  • How much RAM are you allocating in the server startup script?

1. I'm currently not using backups at this moment. Just configured the VPS Sunday, Running 3 CS:S Servers which require roughly 400MB Ram each. Othe than that, the server is clean.

2. It disconnects after 30 minutes of online play.

3. It crashes the server indefinitely, I have to re-submit the script launch.sh to relaunch the server at that point.

4. Startup script is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

I was also wondering. When the server is already running on a crontab, how am I able to access the console for the server again. If you try running the ./launch.sh it says there's another instance running, which I figured would throw me back into the console for the server that is running but it does not.

• Discord Moderator

I was also wondering. When the server is already running on a crontab, how am I able to access the console for the server again. If you try running the ./launch.sh it says there's another instance running, which I figured would throw me back into the console for the server that is running but it does not.

Look into Linux Screen or Tmux. Both will allow you to start the server in a virtual console which will permit you to detach and reattach later.

Since your server is hanging/crashing, you should have a crash report, or at a minimum some information in the server log to help diagnose what is going on when it dies.

Look into Linux Screen or Tmux. Both will allow you to start the server in a virtual console which will permit you to detach and reattach later.

Since your server is hanging/crashing, you should have a crash report, or at a minimum some information in the server log to help diagnose what is going on when it dies.

I will definitely look into linux screen for that. I have uploaded the server.log in a zip to my ftp. Would you mind taking a look??

http://deadlyoptics.net/logs/server.log.zip

• Discord Moderator

All of these errors:

java.net.UnknownHostException: session.minecraft.net

and

Disconnecting DeadlyOptics [/24.61.178.205:65140]: Failed to verify username! [internal error java.net.UnknownHostException: session.minecraft.net]

Implies that your host is having trouble getting out to at least the MC session servers, and likely more than that. Investigate your network connection.