So, I have a problem.

I've been trying to get my friends modpack. I've downloaded the pack, and in the .technic folder all of the mods he put in are there. The pack is fully installed.

Here's the issue, however. When I click Play, it boots up as if it's about to launch the pack, but it just closes and reopens the Launcher. It's driving me insane, I have no idea what's causing it!

There are no crash reports, nothing. It just closes and reopens within 5 seconds. I've left my computer sitting there for an hour, expecting it to just be a late opening of the game. Nope.

So that's my problem. If it helps, this is the modpack.

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/fixxitt

Beyond that, I'm not really sure what else I can do to help you. I've tried reinstalling the Launcher, so please don't suggest that. Other than that, all help is appreciated.

PS: This is my first forum post, so if this is in the wrong area, please redirect me to the correct area. Thank you.

• Discord Moderator
  • The modpack archive file on the download host is titled "Hexxitt.jar.zip". While this likely won't cause any issues with the launcher, it's not really correct and should probably be fixed.
  • BetterDungeons/ChocolateQuest mod is not installed properly. The zip file in the mods folder contains the proper installation instructions.
  • The modpack archive contains no config files. This is always bad, and often fatal with modpacks for Forge <= 1.6.4.

Here's the kicker. If the pack starts to launch and fails, it will create a crash report. There may be an exception to this, but I've never experienced it. The pack launches fine for me. I suspect there is a problem with your Java installation (make sure you are using the latest version of Java 7 for your platform) or your memory allocation.

• What version of Java are you using?
  • What version and platform of Windows are you using?
  • How much memory does your PC have?
  • How much memory are you allocating in the Launcher?

• Discord Moderator
  • Yes, you should be using the latest version of Java 7 for your platform (I assume 64bit).
  • Windows 8/8.1 is fine.
  • Finding out how much RAM your PC has is important. Use the Task Manager or System Settings to find out.
  • 1G in the launcher is probably not enough. 1.5-2G is the minimum for most custom modpacks, especially in 1.7.10.

• Discord Moderator

4. The most I can enter is 1 gb.

I can only assume my system just isn't strong enough for this.

You need to be using 64bit Java 7 if you have a 64bit OS (which I assume you do). When you have 32 bit Java installed the Launcher will only go up to 1G or RAM. Removing your existing Java and installing the latest Java 7 64bit should allow you to select 2G.