strange crash tekkit 1.6.4

soderquist1

• Moderators

Please explain next time that when you post here with "Tekkit crashed" that you added an additional mod to the pack! That makes it a custom pack and it belongs here.

You did the right thing first, but I couldn't have known that this was a custom pack when you never mentioned adding mods to Tekkit.

http://forums.technicpack.net/tracker/issue-4233-strange-crash-tekkit-164/?gopid=20260#entry20260

it feels stupid to lock this and then lock your Tracker report so I unlocked this, in case you need further help...

ah alright well it is custom so this is the right location for the post. you can lock it in the other location since it really does belong here and not there. on the other hand i can use all the help i can get to get everything sorted out since i shouldn't be having these issues in the first place with a freshly made world so happens i got another strange crash recently id suspect from the same cause a before what ever that is because i never found a solution yet. here is another crash report from today if it helps. http://pastebin.com/7dY3qJVB

The simply jetpacks version being used in that pack is extremely outdated, even for 1.6.4. The issue may have very well been resolved a long time ago. Go update the mod from here (0.3.1.1): http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/79325-simply-jetpacks/files and see if this resolves the issue (make sure to remove the old version, ie: cut it out of the mods folder and paste it somewhere in the event this doesnt resolve it)

Unsure, could just be due to the fact that pack hasnt been updated in quite a while. Keep in mind that while modpacks for 1.6.4 have ceased development for a while, a lot of them stopped well before the "death" of 1.6.4 mc and mods continued to fix, improve, etc afterwards for 1.6.4 until 1.7 was more readily available for modding.

ah well i cant wait till that new one there working on gets released but for the time being i like 1.6.4 and give me a good idea of what its like to use this ars magica since its all new to me. anyways looks like everything is finally working properly and no more crashes yet so it definitly fixed. not only that but since i updated to latest version the game appears to be running smoother with a lot less lag then before when im close to witchwood forests. thanks for all the help takes time to understand what kind of posts go were and the game is much more enjoyable. hopefully i dont run into any more problems