Alistair Heath

Hi, sorry to add to the already abundant supply of queries about BIOMES O PLENTY being used on servers but i've found nothing about 1.7.10 servers.

So im using a simple forge based server (latest 1.7.10 version), loaded all the mods fine (can provide list if required) and all the mods work absolutely fine client side. However i've tried repeatedly to get BIOMESOP to work on generating the server and to no avail. To address the FAQs:

1. I have the latest version of BIOMESOP for 1.7.10 (and have tried numerous other versions)
  2. On the newest version there doesn't appear to be a "replace generated biomes with BIOMESOP biomes"
  3. I have tried on the server notepad document (previously server.properties) with:
  • generator-settings=BIOMESOP level-type=DEFAULT
  • generator-settings=                    level-type=BIOMESOP
  • generator-settings=BIOMESOP level-type=BIOMESOP
  1. i have also tried copying over a BIOMESOP world from single player onto the server files, it keeps the generated chunks but then generates vanilla biomes beyond that.

The fact that the client is able to generate BIOMESOP worlds on single player leads me to believe that the mod works fine but something serverside (probably configs) is stopping it.

Any help is appreciated guys

The Log is as follows:

[23:14:18 ERROR]: Exception handling console input
java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid
at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
at lv.run(SourceFile:79) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
[23:14:18 INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[23:14:18 INFO]: Loading properties
[23:14:18 INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[23:14:18 INFO]: Generating keypair
[23:14:18 INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[23:14:18 INFO]: Preparing level "world"
[23:14:19 INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0
[23:14:20 INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 22%
[23:14:21 INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 47%
[23:14:22 INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 69%
[23:14:23 INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 97%
[23:14:23 INFO]: Done (4.199s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

Modpack is here: http://www.technicpa...alis-build-1710

Server i am trying to run is here: https://dl.dropboxus...kkit/Server.zip

(i'm reposting as server swap shop post had 80+ views 0 replies)

• 2 weeks later...

1. You're right about level-type but not generator-settings. generator-settings is just used for flatlands presets or customized presets.

2. I think your only problem is that the server is crashing on startup? I could never get the server to load to a stable point. Upon removing all mods except BiomesoPlenty the server starts up fine. (However I am also using java 8, which is known to cause problems.)

Hey, yeah it still remains unresolved so thanks for the reply.
I'd suspected that about generator settings, i'd just found the suggestion at the end of another forumn with the same problem but it didn't look like it had resolved it.

Strangely the server start up is fine, you do still get the "java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid" in the log, whatever that means but the server wont crash.
Im fairly sure i haven't got Java 8 because i did have the problem of crashing on startup beforehand so i rolled back to one of the earlier builds and it works fine.

The only problem is that the server that does generate is not BIOMESOP.

Lex manos released a fix for Java 8 problem try google to find it. As for using bop as I said in another post of yours switch to extrabiomesxl as it will work to generate biomes on server. Bop will give you nothing but problems. I know this as I once helped on a server that used bop and it had major problems because of bop.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok to anyone still interested i tried using the 'climate control mod' but even this will not generate the BIOMESOP biomes serverside.
I also tried striping the server and the client down to only contain BIOMESOP, i am still not getting BIOMESOP biomes.
Please can someone help or even take the modpack and create a .zip file with a working server for this if they would be so kind.

Edited by Alistair Heath