Attack of the B-Team 1.7.10

ruarc88

Had a major crash on my server which resulted in 3 weeks of down time trying to figure out the issue. Turned out to be Advanced Genetics crashing on the DNA Breeder block, even after I removed it with McEdit. Finally got it back online but decided to reset in the new year with a new pack. For this, I've decided to rebuild the Attack of the B-Team modpack in 1.7.10.

Right now, I'm going through all of the mods in the current pack and getting all details and permissions on them and am also in the works of slowly adding them to a test pack. Once all of the mods are in, I will go through the configs and get them as close to the current pack as possible. I'll also release the test builds once all base mods are in and also after most of the config changes are made.

The intent is to make this pack public since I have seen a demand for a 1.7.10 version of the pack, so with that in mind, what do you guys think would be appropriate changes? Whether it be adding/removing mods, config changes, etc, let me know. Talking mainly for the base pack. If you want a particular mod which doesn't really work with the theme of the pack, I probably won't add it to my build.

Also, there are a few mods which aren't updated for 1.7 yet which I'm guessing is the main thing holding the official pack back, but I will do my best to get everything.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

okay, thought it was on Beta, CanVox would've wanted to know if there were any bugs on the Beta version.

I would like to play a pack with the Fossil & Archeology Revival build, the version used on B-team is the Re-ported version which is the outdated version Flammarilva left the mod at.

I don't have any other requests, just the dinos.

be wary on asking for mod requests, some people will instantly scream "add IC2!!" "we need buildcraft because..... reasons!!!".

most mod requests people make are silly and stem from nostalgia and not out of any practical reasons that the mods add any usefulness compared to the tech mods that has long ago replaced them.

be wary on asking for mod requests, some people will instantly scream "add IC2!!" "we need buildcraft because..... reasons!!!".

most mod requests people make are silly and stem from nostalgia and not out of any practical reasons that the mods add any usefulness compared to the tech mods that has long ago replaced them.

Indeed. Thus, I added:

If you want a particular mod which doesn't really work with the theme of the pack, I probably won't add it to my build.

The pack isn't really about industrialization and I've let go of both IC2 and BC personally. Thermal Expansion pretty much single handedly replaces both for functionality.

And yes, that is one of the mods that was out-dated. Will definitely be adding the revival build providing it doesn't have any issues. Anything world gen I'm considering a primary mod just because it's a pain if you add it after a world is created.

IIRC they wanted to have revival in the original build, but there was something with the permissions ... might be wrong though.

I am not too keen on the dinos, but if you add them I have two suggestions:

1. Reduce the Spawnrate

In my current Tropicraft Realm they are spawning like crazy causing major Lag Fests on the whole server (its just like a Jurassic Promised Lands)

2. Remove the Ability to destroy Blocks

Nothing is more frustrating then this. I had a Dino spawn on my half finished base in the tropics and he destroyed it almost completely .... 3 weeks down the drain.

• Moderators

Dinos are supposed to do that! They are oversized, mountain-moving animals that crush blocks beneath them. Anything that is softer than iron will be ignored, so make sure to wall your base with iron blocks or iron fences. Or better yet, build underground like I do

1. Reduce the Spawnrate

In my current Tropicraft Realm they are spawning like crazy causing major Lag Fests on the whole server (its just like a Jurassic Promised Lands)

2. Remove the Ability to destroy Blocks

Nothing is more frustrating then this. I had a Dino spawn on my half finished base in the tropics and he destroyed it almost completely .... 3 weeks down the drain.

Spawn rate will definitely be reduced. Saw what it did to the official server but I think it's largely due to the lack of actual land-masses in the tropicraft dimension.

And as Munaus mentioned, they are supposed to be able to destroy blocks.

That is right, and I wouldn't have that much against it (was a lesson hard learned *G*) the effect they had on a koavillage was devastating. It resulted in chunk corruptions and we suddenly had over 400 koas swarming around that place dragging the server to oblivion.

So the reason why I am advocating the shutting down of destroying blocks is more for map safety purposes.

of course one can always deactivate that on ones own if one knows how, but the most people most likely don't ... and having to throw away your structures permanently because the map gets corrupted isn't also the most fun thing to do.

On our server we established the policy that except for the overworld all other maps are considered temporary and can be deleted if a corruption should occur.

Sad thing is that I do not have a back up of the corrupted map anymore to show you .... was a nasty thing once you got there.

And that's the main reason I'm trying to get 2 public builds going, 1 for all base mods added but not configured, and 1 for all mods configured before pushing the pack to release. 1.7 and its updates for each mod should fix most of the issues seen in the 1.6 pack but I am aware that at the minimum, Project Red does still have some issues in 1.7.

Also, update on the pack:

23/53 mods are added and work fine during world creation and extensive world gen without crashes, but there is some major lag during world gen. I am going to try adding FastCraft to see if it helps but if it does, I won't be able to add it to the actual pack due to a strict no distribution policy. But it will be recommended for clients and server owners.

As it stands, 12 mods are not yet updated to 1.7.10 or I haven't found the 1.7.10 variation yet.

5 mods, including Tropicraft, I have to get permissions for. I will be trying to get permission for these today so I have them once the first beta pack is finished.

Gonna do another big stretch tonight and hopefully get most if not all of the base mods into the pack. So far, I have permission for 2 of the 5 mods needed. In order to get permission for Witchery mainly, I need a pack name. What do you guys think it should be called? I'm thinking either Wrath of the B-Team or RuarCraft Strikes Back. The 2nd one because my modded server is called RuarCraft and the season with the AOTBT pack I dubbed B-Team Strikes RuarCraft. I don't want to take the official AOTBT name. So, what do you think?

How about Flim Flam Pack Reloaded ;D That would keep the reference, but separate ist from the original B-Team.

Have you tried contacting generikb? Maybe he would jump on the bandwagon and give his blessings to the endeavor.

Otherwise something like B-Team Fan Edition or something might work.

Edited by BrowserXL

There is supposedly a pack in development already, according to GB. Finishing the pack either way cause I don't want another pack where I'm waiting for 6 months for an update to be tested before it goes live. So I'm gonna be going with "Flim Flam Reloaded" providing it doesn't already exist. Main site seems to be down for me ATM.

I'm actually getting it as close as possible to AOTBT so all the ore generation will definitely be staying. It is a good concept where you don't have to go hunting for things and instead just jump right into making something. That's one of the main reasons I'm adding AE2 just because you do get so many ores. But AOTBT-RL sounds good as well. I must decide by tonight so I can get permissions for Witchery.

The 2nd beta release will have all of the config changes made and I'm hoping that can get out sometime the first week of January for a bit of testing.

The most important question with this pack .... and possibly the task almost impossible to solve will be .... will original maps works without major tweaking?

This I will say no on. By the looks of it some mods won't be added just because it doesn't look like they'll be updated to 1.7 for a January release. Other mods are complete overhauls such as Thermal Expansion. I have yet to test, but so far all conduits have been removed with the intent of putting them in their own mod, but I haven't seen that mod yet. Combine that with the Minecraft change from block IDs to block names, There's countless issues that could arise and be permanently part of the world. Can it be done? Most likely. Is it worth the effort? I would say no. Also, with the semi-ridiculous ore generation, it really won't take that long to get back up and running to a reasonable point.

Side note: He who grants permission for Tropicraft seems to be semi-vanished so Tropicraft may end up being a "recommended" addition for a bit at the start.

Update: There are now 43 out of 55 base mods added, including the addition of Mr. Crayfish's Construction Mod, essentially replacing the builder blocks from Buildcraft but in a much awesomer way. Open Blocks is proving to be problematic with crashes on loading due to "missingMethods." Permissions are still needed for Witchery and SaintsPack. Awaiting a response from Mr. Crayfish for Furniture and Construction mod.

I'll be on full vacation from here until the 26th (I may get a chance to reply) but I'm hoping I can get the first public build out by the end of the weekend which will have all of the default configurations. Then next week will primarily be configuring for the 2nd major public beta build.

While I agree that the task is big I wonder how much worth the effort would yet still be. We have this server running for quite some time now and we are very attached to our maps Combined I would say that several thousend hours of work are in there and that is not easily given up. Granted the ore generation makes it easy, but even with NEI Cheat mode on it will take days if not weeks to rebuild everything.

My guess is that most of the still up and running AOTBT server will be in a similar situation.

Nevertheless I will give it a shot once the pack comes out and I will see which effect it will have.

Merry Christmas all! I've just released the first public beta build!

Link: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/attack-of-the-b-team-reloaded

(It's actually called Flim Flam Reloaded but just updating the name doesn't change that apparently. The pack folder will also show up as Attack of the B-Team Reloaded for the time being)

This build has most of the 1.7 compatible mods added with all default configurations. Notable mods that are NOT yet in the pack are Open Blocks (crashes), Map Writer (crashes again), and Tropicraft (permissions). For this build and hopefully not too many more, I'm just looking for inter-mod compatibility testing and any crashes that occur. I've done extensive world gen but not a whole lot else.

I will HIGHLY recommend the FastCraft mod which fixes a lot of performance issues in the vanilla code and possibly a couple of issues in Forge as well. It transforms Terrafirmacraft from completely unplayable to completely smooth and lag free and in my tests completely eliminates lag spikes every 500 blocks or so.

Link: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10820

Again, no configuration changes have been made yet so the experience itself isn't anywhere close to what the finished product will be.

BrowserXL, tomorrow I intend to use a backup of my server world which uses the default Attack of the B-Team to see if it loads without issues and too many corruptions due to mod changes. We haven't played with everything but we have played with most of the popular things.

0.2.1 is now up and appears to be stable. Added Bibliocraft, Inventory Tweaks, and Project Red jars that I forgot. Most notable config change is the flower forest biome has been disabled so I'm not sure how the game will react finding it in current worlds. I've also confirmed that at minimum, worlds made in the original AOTBT pack will NOT retain any biomes since the IDs for these are all different from the defaults for 1.7.10. There also seems to be biomes that are no longer in BoP so I'm not sure how the game would react finding these even if all IDs were pulled.

I'd say delete your config files before updating.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of updates. RL has gotten in the way a bit on this project. I'm hoping by next week I'll be back to normal so I'll be able to finish the configurations. ETA on the official 1.0 release at this point I will say is mid-February. I'm hoping that before the end of January pretty much everything will be complete so I can get some public testing going.

Also, I will try to merge the biome IDs from Attack of the B-Team so THEORETICALLY, it will be possible for worlds made in Attack of the B-Team to work in Flim Flam Reloaded. I promise nothing and I'm not responsible for damages incurred.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I've gotten all the config changes made to the base pack. Will build it when I get home from work tonight. Sometime this weekend hopefully I'll check any final mods I need to add, I'll add AE and I think at that point, the final beta testing can take place.

After tonight's build, the main testing that needs to happen is ore gen. All ores should generate at any level in the world (technically up to y=64) and should also generate ~twice as often and ~twice as big as vanilla (diamonds at surface, etc). Also, dimensional ore gen needs to be verified. This goes mainly for Galacticraft and the Nether. Only Galacticraft ores and oil should generate on the moon and mars. Galacticraft copper/tin/aluminum should NOT generate on the overworld, and verification that silicon generates from 0-64 in the overworld (approximately). The nether should be the generic BoP nether with no Galacticraft ores generating.

As far as the other mods suggested, I won't be adding EnderIO (unless absolutely necessary) or bluepower as the pack isn't meant to be a technical factory type pack so MFR will be the only mod of this type. I also won't be adding Ars Magika, Thaumcraft, Blood Magic, or any of those magicy type mods because it's not meant to be a magic based pack. IMHO, Ars Magika would have been the closest to make it in (from what I've seen) but it's still focused more on the magic side than just the plain old wacky side that Witchery is based off of.

Also note that CoFH still has not released the new separate mod for ducts so there still aren't any ducts in the pack. This is the only reason I will add EnderIO. If this goes through, I will NOT remove MFR as there is still functionality that EnderIO does not replace (as far as I know). But EnderIO will be a last second decision before official release.

Finally, in the last 2 months or so, I've gotten no reply on Tropicraft (permission-wise) so it may not make it in and will also be a recommended addition. I'll see about configuring the pack so installation is all that would be needed.