Attack of the B-Team 1.7.10

ruarc88

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already spent 5 months+ on this project and this is the only issue remaining so I'm following through with it. 0.3.4 is up, launcher may take a bit to see it. Confirmed it was just a name and directory change for the config files for cofh. Fixed and tested on my end and diamonds, redstone, and gold are all spawning up to 64 now.

• Discord Moderator

@ruarc88:

• You are missing the Mecha Parts pack which is required by the Titan Content Pack. Trying to do anything from Titans will crash without it.
  • You might want to add Natura's Sulfur to the dustSulfur ore dictionary.
  • ProjectRed released a major bugfix update in the last day or two. Without it you get no Frame Wires or chip upgrades.
  • The version of qCraft you have is not compatible with 1.7.10 and will hard crash the server and/or client if any of the tile entities are interacted with. There is an unofficial update available.
  • Be warned that the DNA Breeder from Advanced Genetics sometimes corrupts or gets into an unknown state requiring the use of MCEdit to fix.

• Discord Moderator

@Enderdragonchan: You are welcome to make your own pack and promote it as you wish. However, harassing folks in their own threads doesn't help anyone. Add to that the fact that your graphics are blatantly ripping off the Technic AotBT graphics, many of your mods are outdated (some fatally so), and that you are lacking some fundamental transport and storage mechanics provides no compelling reason to use your pack when there are much better (IMHO) 1.7.10 re-imaginings of AotBT available.

Thanks plow.

• Mecha Parts added
  • Natura sulfur added to ore dictionary (will verify after work that I wrote the script right)
  • Project Red updated
  • I'm not finding an actual download for the qCraft port. Will check a couple FTB packs to see if they have it. If not may just remove it.
  • DNA breeder actually did cause an issue early on on my server so I'm well aware of it being problematic. I figured it would have been fixed by now though.

• DNA breeder actually did cause an issue early on on my server so I'm well aware of it being problematic. I figured it would have been fixed by now though.

​Just wanted to thank you on taking initiative and updating the modpack to 1.7.10. I used to run a server and it was frustrating finding gamebreaking bugs after bug and having no one acknowledge or apply a workaround. The DNA Breeder bug has been around for a long time and the author claims to have fixed the issue, but it still persists. The only workaround I found was to not use the upgrade the speeds up the process on the machine. 

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know if the plan to implement TwilightForest to the modpack dropped?

No worries, Kootta.

I will not be adding Twilight Forest to the pack.

0.3.5 will be coming up any hour now. Project Red and qCraft have been updated. Natura's sulfur is added to the ore dictionary. Mecha Parts has been added. And on a completely semi-unrelated note, thanks Natura for naming sulfur as barleyFood.

Tested with a titan and I'm satisfied with just being able to turn the camera while driving them. Natura's sulfur shows in all recipes that use the Artifice and Thermal Foundation varieties. None of the qCraft blocks or items appear to crash when used/interacted with.

Thanks plow for spotting these and thanks to all for the help thus far.

• Moderators

just to make something clear here: ruarc is NOT a technic team member. This is NOT an official technic pack. This is a custom pack.

anyone and everyone is free to make whatever pack they desire, which is what Platform was made for. Just don't claim it as "official" technic pack

Are there any plans to release a server version of your modpack?

​Definitely! The point of this pack is to put it on my server so there will be a server pack. Providing nothing else is found in the next couple days I'll build the server pack as is and put it up for a bit of testing.

​Definitely! The point of this pack is to put it on my server so there will be a server pack. Providing nothing else is found in the next couple days I'll build the server pack as is and put it up for a bit of testing.

Rad! Wish you luck with the server and please let us know when it's set to go.

Sorry for the delay. Pack has been updated to 0.3.6 and now has a minimap!

Server package has been created as well and can be downloaded from http://technicpack.net/modpack/attack-of-the-b-team-reloaded.552178 

EDIT: Final beta this is. Don't use this as your LP or server pack as minor changes in the release may break your world.

Edited by ruarc88

Just curious, why are you sticking with such an ancient version of Tinker's Construct?

​Because I apparently missed the part where it changed authors. Updating it now but won't be able to test it myself until later.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to test/deploy server package, installing forge server from forge installer version 1291, multiple mods are causing crashes during initialization and/or immediately after the world is completely loaded and ready. Crash is an OutOfMemoryException but so far out of close to 100 crashes removing and re-adding mods in groups and individually, there hasn't been a single crash report so I have no idea what's actually causing the crashes. Tested on a server host and on a local server instance. To top it off, it's only happening on the server. Client with identical mod/config setup has zero problems.

Finally found the root issue(s) which is only affecting the server:

Witchery and Galacticraft hate eachother

Tinker's Construct (non ancient versions) and Random Things hate eachother (crashing before world gen/load)

Tinker's Construct (non ancient versions) hate another unknown mod(s) and has an extremely high chance (not guaranteed) of crashing during world gen/load (unknown exception and no crash report generated). Very small chance that this won't happen though.

So the verdict is, wait for a new version of Witchery and/or Galacticraft since I can't find any config conflicts and revert to a fairly old version of Tinker's Construct. Potentially all the way back to late 2014 since that's the version I had working on the 0.3.6 server package. This is due to the fact that I really don't want to remove Witchery, Galacticraft, Tinker's Construct, or Random Things.

Finally found the root issue(s) which is only affecting the server:

Witchery and Galacticraft hate eachother

Tinker's Construct (non ancient versions) and Random Things hate eachother (crashing before world gen/load)

Tinker's Construct (non ancient versions) hate another unknown mod(s) and has an extremely high chance (not guaranteed) of crashing during world gen/load (unknown exception and no crash report generated). Very small chance that this won't happen though.

So the verdict is, wait for a new version of Witchery and/or Galacticraft since I can't find any config conflicts and revert to a fairly old version of Tinker's Construct. Potentially all the way back to late 2014 since that's the version I had working on the 0.3.6 server package. This is due to the fact that I really don't want to remove Witchery, Galacticraft, Tinker's Construct, or Random Things.

​By any chance do you have BoP? There's a known issue with Tinker's Construct and BoP Villages generation causing a chunk corruption which results in a crash. It seems you may have an issue with too many mods wanting to generate structures and the world crashing from it. I know with TC you can disable their custom Village House and BoP has a feature to disable Villages all together.

• Discord Moderator

I'm not sure why you would be having issues. I've been running my "B-Team update" A-Team's Revenge for a very long time now with no issues at all. I'm currently at over 11 days of uptime on the server and everything is 20 TPS with no errors.

A-Team's Revenge

There's a server pack download in there as well. You might get more traction targeting a newer version of Forge as many of the mods have moved on quite far from #1291. I'm running #1381 with no issues (including the mods you are having trouble with and many others).

I'm not sure why you would be having issues. I've been running my "B-Team update" A-Team's Revenge for a very long time now with no issues at all. I'm currently at over 11 days of uptime on the server and everything is 20 TPS with no errors.

A-Team's Revenge

There's a server pack download in there as well. You might get more traction targeting a newer version of Forge as many of the mods have moved on quite far from #1291. I'm running #1381 with no issues (including the mods you are having trouble with and many others).

​Sooo another problem. Trying to run your server pack gives me a missing mods exception. Doesn't say which mod is missing and it all looks right to me. Redownloaded just to be sure and same results. Using your jars in my package gives me the same results I was getting. Reinstalling the forge server for version 1381 and updating Tinker's Construct gives me the missing mods exception again, removing Tinker's still crashes with GC and Witchery both installed. I've confirmed this locally on Java 7v79 and Java 8v25. Assuming you tested your server pack locally, which version of Java are you running? That's the only thing that really makes sense at this point.

@Kootta disabling village generation makes no difference, disabling Tinker's generation in villages also makes no difference.

I just really don't understand why the client, using exactly the same jars and config files works without a hitch.