How do I put TreeCapitator/LumberJack/Timber on my private server?

Avisil

• Discord Moderator

Define "never works". Does the pack not start on the server? Does the mod not load? Does the mod load but the trees don't treecapitate? Do the trees treecapitate, but only using specific axes?

Client pack notes:

• You still have no config files in your pack. If you are just using this pack on the client you can get away without them in 1.7.1 (usually) even though it is still "wrong". However, once you get into a client-server environment it is critical that the configs are correctly synced up between client and server. The only way to ensure this is to have them included in the client pack.
  • bspkrsCore and Baubles go in the mods1.7.1 folder, not in mods.
  • Your ChickenBones mods are out of date.

Server notes:

• AnimationAPI 1.7.2-1.2.2 simply will not work on an SMP server. It has some internal flaw where it isn't properly wrapping the client-only code. 1.7.2-1.2.1 does work.
  • CoroUtil for 1.7.2 does not work in SMP. It should, but it does not.
  • Are you sure that TreeCapitator was causing you issues on the server and not a problem with these other mods? I created a server for your pack (fixing the above issues) and TreeCapitator worked just fine.

Serious question: Why are you making a 1.7.2 modpack? Many mods skipped this version entirely and many others never got stable versions out before moving on to 1.7.10.

• Discord Moderator
  • There are no different versions for client and server. The exact same mods, for your specific version of Forge/MC, go in or below the mods folder.
  • If you are making a pack for use in the Technic Platform then you are using Forge and should not be using Risugami's modloader in any way.
Edited by plowmanplow

Serious question: Why are you making a 1.7.2 modpack? Many mods skipped this version entirely and many others never got stable versions out before moving on to 1.7.10.

I have NO idea... Should I just go to 1.7.10?

What you suggested didnt work, i put the required cfgs in my modpack.zip/config/ folder. My baubles and bspkrs cores are in mods/1.7.2. I had my friend delete animationAPI and Mutant creatures, CoroUtil, and downloaded the latest Chicken mods.

Edited by Avisil

• Discord Moderator

Forge 1.8 is out though: http://files.minecraftforge.net/fml/1.8

Since it seems that you many actually not be joking, I'll share some info. The OP is someone who is obviously just starting to get their head wrapped around making a modpack. Distracting them with counterproductive information is not helpful. Here are a few points about the current Forge 1.8:

• The current Technic Platform does not support packs with Forge 1.8. See this!
  • The current Forge 1.8 is EARLY beta. "Expect crashes".
  • There are only a few dozen mods, most of which are fairly worthless.
Edited by plowmanplow

• 2 weeks later...

Please reference these posts:

Building a pack:

BareBonesPack Usage:

Yes, my recommendation would be to make a 1.7.10 pack at this point. If you read through those posts and still have troubles, come back here.

I got the server working for 1 try. I removed all mods and cfg's and TreeCapitator worked. I put all the mods and cfg's back in and now everytime I try to join the server I get rejected by mods. Here is a picture of what happens when I try to join: http://imgur.com/rz8ivaz

That error is telling you that the mods on your server (the specific ones listed) do not match the versions in your client pack.

I got the mods to work, but now every time i try to join, it tells me to try to restart my MC

I discovered recently that the 1.7.2 version of Treecapitator works in some 1.7.10 mod packs, while the 1.7.10 version requires a newer version of Forge than a lot of modpacks have, and with all the Cauldron/Bukkit DMCA crap going on, I think I'll probably just end up sticking with the 1.7.2 version on my new (private) pack so I don't have to screw around with just finding stuff that works.

Join the club.  I've spent the last...3 days or so trying to get a server pack built to match a client pack that works flawlessly.  It's kind of frustrating.  And all the Cauldron downloads have been DMCA-removed, so there's no quick & easy way to get a new server set up any more.

• Discord Moderator

@Avisil:

• Your pack settings are configured to be MC 1.7.2, but you have Forge 1.7.10 (#1272) as your modpack.jar. You need to adjust your pack settings. If you intend to use Cauldron as your server (assuming you can find it) the latest build is for Forge #1240 so you might want to stick with that. If you are going Forge universal as your server then just use the latest 1.7.10 build.
  • You still have no config files in your modpack archive. This is always bad.
  • Your ChickenBones mods are out of sync. Specifically, your Ender Storage mod version doesn't match your CodeChickenCore. Update Ender Storage and NEI.
  • You have to be very careful when renaming mod files. Changing away from what the author provides can be risky. In your case, The Weather mod JAR "[1.7.10] Weather-2.3.7.jar" does not like having a space between the ] and W. Believe it or not, removing that space fixes the loading issue.
  • I notice you don't have a minimap mod in your pack. Is this by design?
  • If you want to make a server from this pack you will need to remove the Better Armor 2 mod. It should work in SMP, but it is poorly coded and crashes the server attempting to make client-only library calls.

@Avisil:

• Your pack settings are configured to be MC 1.7.2, but you have Forge 1.7.10 (#1272) as your modpack.jar. You need to adjust your pack settings. If you intend to use Cauldron as your server (assuming you can find it) the latest build is for Forge #1240 so you might want to stick with that. If you are going Forge universal as your server then just use the latest 1.7.10 build.
  • You still have no config files in your modpack archive. This is always bad.
  • Your ChickenBones mods are out of sync. Specifically, your Ender Storage mod version doesn't match your CodeChickenCore. Update Ender Storage and NEI.
  • You have to be very careful when renaming mod files. Changing away from what the author provides can be risky. In your case, The Weather mod JAR "[1.7.10] Weather-2.3.7.jar" does not like having a space between the ] and W. Believe it or not, removing that space fixes the loading issue.
  • I notice you don't have a minimap mod in your pack. Is this by design?
  • If you want to make a server from this pack you will need to remove the Better Armor 2 mod. It should work in SMP, but it is poorly coded and crashes the server attempting to make client-only library calls.

I removed the Better Armor mod and others in my latest update. It might start to work now! :D

I mean... it did work for about a minute or two...