Pixelmon + Rei's Minimap

thesamm143

So I just updated my minecraft game and I wanted to play Pixelmon, but it's difficult to play without Rei's minimap and apparently every combination of the two available for Technic is not updated enough to run with the new Minecraft. So I want to know if there's a way to manually add Rei's minmap to a working Pixelmon modpack on Technic, or a way to install both mods in Minecraft without Technic, OR if somebody has a working combination of the two would you be willing to share your files with me.

Thanks for any help in advance.

• Discord Moderator

You need a minimap mod made for your specific version of MC. Since you haven't specified which version of MC that pack is on I can only suggest this:

• Forge/MC 1.7.10: LiteLoader + VoxelMap_liteloader
  • Forge/MC 1.7.2: There are both VoxelMap (non-liteloader) and REI for this version
  • Forge/MC 1.6.4: Both stand alone VoxelMap, Liteloader VoxelMap and REI are avail able for this version.
  • Forge/MC <= 1.5.2: Upgrade.
Edited by plowmanplow

I have a version of Pixelmon for my Technic Launcher on my shitty laptop, but it doesn't play well on that so I wanted to put it on my desktop and I am having the shittiest luck with this. All I want is a version of Pixelmon that has Rei's Minimap because I get lost frequently and since I'm playing alone nobody can tp me back to home base. I tried every kind of installation I could think of and on my desktop I kept getting the error message that there was data from a website that couldn't be downloaded, which I figured out was because that hosting site no longer exists. So I tried a more direct method and just moved all of my files and settings from my laptop straight to my desktop.

Didn't work because it still had to reinstall Technic Launcher, and although the launcher already had the Pixelmon mod I wanted loaded, it still won't run. The launcher shuts, and then it immediately opens back up. Meanwhile, it works just fine on the laptop, despite the identical sets of data. I don't know exactly how popular this mod is, but has anybody got a workaround or some kind of recommendation? I really wanted to play Pixelmon but it's tough without Rei's minimap. I even tried downloading Nemamon's modpack, but it's really laggy even with 4GB of RAM allocated to it.

EDIT: I guess I should drop some more information, my Minecraft.exe is version 1.5.3 but it automatically forces me to update to 1.8.1 for some reason, even though it seems like most mods aren't supported at that level. :/

Edited by thesamm143

• Discord Moderator

EDIT: I guess I should drop some more information, my Minecraft.exe is version 1.5.3 but it automatically forces me to update to 1.8.1 for some reason, even though it seems like most mods aren't supported at that level. :/

If you are using a pack through the Technic Launcher simply need to check the version of Forge/MC in the bottom left corner of the main menu and get an appropriate minimap mod for that version of Forge/MC. The recommendations I made above still stand.