Question: Are there any ocean altering mods?

Roversword

Hi all

Not sure if I am in the right place.

I am not looking for some custom mod, but rather on ideas if there are already mods out there which add to the oceans (such as new mobs, maybe some new blocks, etc.)?

Oceancraft is only for 1.6.4 as far as I can see (i'd like to move forward to 1.7.10). Mariculture is being abandoned. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

OceanCraft is out for 1.7.10, at least on the MCF page.  So is Mariculture, so on hiatus/abandoned or not, it'll work for the near-term foreseeable future of mod packs.  Botania/Natura add some ocean features, though not a ton.  BoP adds ocean biomes and a few little things like coral.  MoCreatures adds ocean/water mobs, but not terrain features.  LotsOMobs and Aquatic Abyss seem to be on 1.7.2 still, which may be compatible but isn't a good sign on update speed.  Then there are Shipwrecks! (1.7.10), Animals+ (same), Ocean Adventures (1.7.2), and weather mods like Coros (Local Weather) and Climate Control.

However, you're not in the right place.  You want Platform Pagoda.  This section is actually for custom mod requests.  So I moved the thread.