• Discord Moderator
  • Many of your mods are woefully out of date. Update all of the mods for which new versions are available.
  • OptiFine often causes issues. Try removing that if the updated version doesn't help.
  • Crash reports are required in order to anything other than guess at the root cause of the issue.
Edited by plowmanplow

Hai, Thanx for helping, This is a tough task and I really need someone to fix it for me by saying which mods I should get by what I mean is fixing the problems because It is possible for me to fix them but the reason I was talking about the problem on this thread is because I can't create a world with forge on normal Minecraft, it just freezes and I need someone to see the solutions clearly and tell me what to do to fix them. Plus, I never had a problem with Optifine; my modpack does work you know .. it loads perfectly it just shuts down automatically when I am in the world, optifine does work; all mods probably work but something is just making it crash and I asm not hear to get some weak advice because this is the biggest mod pack I have ever created and I wish it would work but there is something out there that is shutting down each world that I create. Crash reports are okay, It just found Mutant Creatures mod an error so I removed that, all mods loaded properly but the problem still occurs so that means that the crash reports won't help either I guess ;L Please see what's up as soon as possible! Thank you for the help!

Hai, Thanx for helping, This is a tough task and I really need someone to fix it for me by saying which mods I should get by what I mean is fixing the problems because It is possible for me to fix them but the reason I was talking about the problem on this thread is because I can't create a world with forge on normal Minecraft, it just freezes and I need someone to see the solutions clearly and tell me what to do to fix them. Plus, I never had a problem with Optifine; my modpack does work you know .. it loads perfectly it just shuts down automatically when I am in the world, optifine does work; all mods probably work but something is just making it crash and I asm not hear to get some weak advice because this is the biggest mod pack I have ever created and I wish it would work but there is something out there that is shutting down each world that I create. Crash reports are okay, It just found Mutant Creatures mod an error so I removed that, all mods loaded properly but the problem still occurs so that means that the crash reports won't help either I guess ;L Please see what's up as soon as possible! Thank you for the help!

You say everything works then you say it continues to crash. You ask our help then say nothing is wrong it just crashes. 

So lets start over.. You have a problem, Plowman, who is one of the most knowledgeable on this forum, told you how to start finding the issue and fixing it, and after trying his suggestions if your still having problems be specific and we will try to help.

If you continue to say "its broke but everything works" we can't help someone who won't let us.

There is something wrong, idk why all mods work but something just makes it crash; and from the bottom of what I know, It's a mod that is doing all of the trouble, I just need to know how to fix it, what mods to remove and huh; I just want my modpack to work .. It will help if you cna tell me what to remove or stuff because idk which mods are doing this because I can't even create a world with the mods in minecraft forge ;S, Thanx for your help everyone! 

Dude,

My statement still stands. Saying "it works but its broke" means it is broke. Continue to post "it works but its broke and need help to fix it" will get you no help. Sharing logs on pastebin, links to the mod pack and the zip file will.

Ask for help, understand its broke, and accept the help or don't ask for it.

It's only my first time talking on the forums, I get your point and my modpack is just buggy with a mod that keeps shutting down internal server's, I can sometimes snap out with too much stress from people and then just delete all my modpacks, waste everyones time and etc because i have angry management issues so please, I accept your point but please accept mine and try to see what mod is causing the problem and then everything will be good, I can thank you and give a shout out inside the modpack and stuff

It's only my first time talking on the forums, I get your point and my modpack is just buggy with a mod that keeps shutting down internal server's, I can sometimes snap out with too much stress from people and then just delete all my modpacks, waste everyones time and etc because i have angry management issues so please, I accept your point but please accept mine and try to see what mod is causing the problem and then everything will be good, I can thank you and give a shout out inside the modpack and stuff

I'm looking at your modpack now but need the other two items, the original zip link and the logs from your server so we can review the files. Pull any personal information then use pastebin and post please.

I'm looking at your modpack now but need the other two items, the original zip link and the logs from your server so we can review the files. Pull any personal information then use pastebin and post please.

First, Linux doesn't like spaces or most special characters so using the mod files as they stand will make it so only windows users can use your modpack

Second, as I go through the mods, make sure you downloaded all of these from the author or legitimate sites. Since some of them seem named funny.

First, Linux doesn't like spaces or most special characters so using the mod files as they stand will make it so only windows users can use your modpack

Second, as I go through the mods, make sure you downloaded all of these from the author or legitimate sites. Since some of them seem named funny.

Your mod pack has a virus in it. You need to reconfirm all the mod packs were downloaded from legitimate sources. jcef.dll was downloaded when Minecraft Chromium was downloaded. I'm deleting the mod pack, thank god for good AV systems. 

Yep, I download them from legitimate websites and people's technic mod packs , some might not be from a legitimate website, I have never used Linux so I won't really know how to solve that problem, so I'll scan my mod pack just to make sure that it the virus is gone ;S you can tell me what mods sound fishy , If you want, I can re download all the mods inside the mod pack but if you only agree to doing that because re downloading 56 mods can be a huge task and if you have skype, It could be much more protective to see if the mod that I have downloaded is legitimate and will work, If you want my skype username, it's UltraNero619

Yep, I download them from legitimate websites and people's technic mod packs , some might not be from a legitimate website, I have never used Linux so I won't really know how to solve that problem, so I'll scan my mod pack just to make sure that it the virus is gone ;S you can tell me what mods sound fishy , If you want, I can re download all the mods inside the mod pack but if you only agree to doing that because re downloading 56 mods can be a huge task and if you have skype, It could be much more protective to see if the mod that I have downloaded is legitimate and will work, If you want my skype username, it's UltraNero619

If you say you got them from the DEV's site then I believe you. The virus was not in the mod pack but as soon as I tried to run it.  What ever minecraft chromium is.. that started downloading a bunch of files and thats when the virus showed up. That is the one mod I would focus on.

• Discord Moderator

So now what ..? 

What now? As previously mentioned, you go through every mod in your pack and make sure that:

• each mod is the latest compatible version
  • each mod is downloaded directly from the mod author's preferred distribution channels

For mods that aren't cornerstone, "big name" mods make sure that you take a look at what folks are saying or complaining about. If a mod has a ton of folks complaining about instability or incompatibility with other mods you might want to steer clear. At this point I would normally bring the pack up in my test environment, but there are so many outdated mods with known critical issues in your pack that it's not reasonable to do that at this time.

Edited by plowmanplow