This entire board is Off Topic!

Nefzen

Damn, my psychic powers have been discovered! Curse you and your iron clad mental defenses, Internet Paladin madogdan!

Now, when did I attack your mental capacities, accuse you of having a mental illness, and/or call you retarded?

Please quote me doing this bashing of your mental capacities you seem to be suggesting I'm doing in lieu of a legitimate argument.

I did get my answer though. Superiority complex, opponent vilification, exaggerating opposing arguments and aggressively countering them, "I win" trump card in the form of an unverifiable sensitive medical condition.

Life-is-unfair teenage ego soothing.

Or is this an attempt to compensate for perceived deficiencies in your real life? Take up what you see as an easy fight against the forces of oppression online as a proxy to your losing battle against unjustly oppressive parents/guardians/teachers/bosses in the real world. Use the easy wins against us criminally incompetent (and probably heavily brain damaged) moderators as a salve to sooth your bruised ego.

You indicate that I have personal issue in life and thus claim that I use these to attack "Innocent" people on the internet, this is a direct attack on a mental state which would be part of having problems in life, I.E Family issues cause a mental state in which the effected have an ongoing mental issue, so by bringing family into the matter therefore you are also potentially bringing in any mental states that the user may have.

So before you bring in any personal life issue in to any of your arguments, think about whether or not there may also be any mental health issues that could be involved within that issue.

They were server posts in a section that isn't for servers.  If, hypothetically, someone were to post a request for help getting his server working (this happens all the time) in the section for server ads, despite being related, it's off topic.  I don't care how much you want to be right; you aren't.  Also, no one asked other moderators to jump in; they did that of their own free will.  As far as I'm concerned, it was "resolved" long before any of the other mods said anything.  It has simply been dragged out since then by people unwilling to admit that they're out of line.  Nefzen, to whom I was speaking originally, chose the polite response immediately.  You and bizz didn't.

You're arguing with the cops over whether they're going to give you (or somebody else) a ticket after you've been caught speeding.  It's their choice, not yours.  There's a court you're more than welcome to go to if you have an issue with a moderator.  They have red names, and they hang out on the Technic IRC fairly regularly.  I'm going to guess, though, and this is pure speculation, mind you, that they will respond poorly to people that started an argument with a mod over something stupid like this.

Ok, here is the fun part, you may have noticed that I have put a part of your quote in bold characters, this is because this actually makes no sense, let's go in to the official definition of "Off-Topic".

"off-topic

adjective & adverb

1. (especially of posts on an Internet message board) not relevant to the subject in question.
    "his second comment is entirely off topic""

Despite being related, it's off topic.

Therefore by dictionary terms and the official definition of "Off Topic" that the posts in question are on topic and therefore do also contribute to the main discussion of this topic, you also state that you are here to abide by rules and enforce them, yet you are also breaking the rules by continuing to argue in the public eye or interest and also continue to bring this topic further off topic by responding to these messages.

You indicate that I have personal issue in life and thus claim that I use these to attack "Innocent" people on the internet, this is a direct attack on a mental state which would be part of having problems in life, I.E Family issues cause a mental state in which the effected have an ongoing mental issue, so by bringing family into the matter therefore you are also potentially bringing in any mental states that the user may have.

So before you bring in any personal life issue in to any of your arguments, think about whether or not there may also be any mental health issues that could be involved within that issue.

You're exaggerating the subject matter of his response so that you have more perceived justification in bringing up your mental state - it was never part of his original argument in the first place.  Stop using it as an excuse - it isn't one.

1. (especially of posts on an Internet message board) not relevant to the subject in question.
    "his second comment is entirely off topic"

Therefore by dictionary terms and the official definition of "Off Topic" that the posts in question are on topic and therefore do also contribute to the main discussion of this topic, you also state that you are here to abide by rules and enforce them, yet you are also breaking the rules by continuing to argue in the public eye or interest and also continue to bring this topic further off topic by responding to these messages.

Notice that little word "entirely" in the "dictionary definition" example?  There are degrees of off-topic and on-topic posting.  This thread is about a mod pack.  The post in question was about a server that uses the mod pack.  See the difference?

One more definition you might want to look up: the pejorative use of "semantics".  It's what you're engaged in arguing right now, and it won't end well for you.

You're exaggerating the subject matter of his response so that you have more perceived justification in bringing up your mental state - it was never part of his original argument in the first place.  Stop using it as an excuse - it isn't one.

Notice that little word "entirely" in the "dictionary definition" example?  There are degrees of off-topic and on-topic posting.  This thread is about a mod pack.  The post in question was about a server that uses the mod pack.  See the difference?

One more definition you might want to look up: the pejorative use of "semantics".  It's what you're engaged in arguing right now, and it won't end well for you.

I'm not afraid of no ban, I'm not afraid of no moderator, but off-topic has to be something that doesn't relate to the topic in general, Bizz asked for people to post their servers and people have, it was a request from the author for people to do and thus making it actually on-topic.

Quote from Wikipedia: "In the context of mailing listsdiscussion groupsdiscussion forumsbulletin boardsnewsgroups, and wikis a contribution is off-topic if it is not within the bounds of the current discussion, and on-topic if it is."

Dictionary.com: "adjective

differing from the main topic; not relevant"

Urban Dictionary: "Something that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand, in a bad way.

A MESSAGE BOARD TOPIC: 

A: So has anyone seen the new Star Wars movie? 

B: Yeah, it was great! 

C: Hey whats that new song by The Killers called? 

A: Wow, that was really off-topic."

And a link in which a student asks what "Off-Topic means" and the student get's a response from a College Teacher: http://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-means-off-topic-202815

Oxford Dictionary, probably the worlds number one dictionary has to say this http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/off-topic and for you Americans, http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/american_english/off-topic

There is multiple sources to provide the correct definition of "Off-Topic" and that is to prove that Bizz and his IP posts are ALL On-Topic.

If you want true proof of "Off-Topic" then read this whole argument as if you feel that being off-topic is against the rules then you my good "friend" are also breaking the rules that you are trying to defend, GG well played, 10/10 moderation guys, would rate again.

Edited by madogdan

This is a "discussion" pulled out of someone's modpack thread, for reasons which probably became obvious upon reading it.  I would like to note that the person asked to move their server post did, and the two (more one than the other) people that insisted on continuing the argument weren't even affected by the post change.

madogdan, you have completely ignored several posts I have made pointing out the differences between the topic types, so I'll say it again.  A server post is not within the bounds of the discussion at hand regarding a modpack.  There's a thin line between the two, yes, but the line is there.  If you were really concerned about defending bizz instead of stroking your own ego, you would have taken the discussion elsewhere instead of continuing to reply.  So 10/10 forum trolling BS, would rate again.