Placing single blocks in the inventory and crafting

turbocat1

Question

I am using a mac version 10.6.8. My problem is that I cannot place single blocks in the inventory or crafting areas. For example if I am holding a stack of planks and want to make a crafting table I cannot place one block in each square by holding control and clicking to place one from the stack. It makes me place the whole stack and if I keep clicking will place individual blocks of that item back in to the inventory. Control click has always worked in mc before but with this new version on technic pack it does not. This means it is impossible, or very very difficult to make anything, thus making it unplayable in my opinion. In addition when I open the inventory I see the list on the right for all the items but cannot take anything from it. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you, I really look forward to fixing these issues as I love technic pack! :D

8 answers to this question

If your mouse actually has a right mouse button on it, use that to drop one piece of whatever you are holding into the slot. The way you're doing it may not work right because Technic has an inventory management mod in it. It changed controls around a little, and it may have changed it enough so that your way doesn't work anymore.

I am assuming one button as there are no "buttons" at all. It is just smooth on top and I can only do one kind of clicking. If I ever need to right click something I have to hold control, or option maybe (I forget which, maybe command) and click.

Well the newer mice are smooth but have 2 buttons so depending on how new your mouse is will determine the buttons.

Open up minecraft and go to the controls menu and click on "Use Item" and then right click if "Button 1" appears then you have a 1 button mouse and you will need to set that to a different key. Or just buy a new mouse.

Ok, I feel really dumb. :o My mouse can right click! Crafting problem solved. I rarely use my mouse except for playing minecraft, normally I always use my pen and tablet (retoucher). Guess I never paid attention to the mouse functions before. Thanks for that basic advice.

However, I am still experiencing the problem with the inventory of items on the right side. I cannot take anything from it. Is it from the too many items mod? Does anyone know how to get items from there in to your inventory to use them?

Thanks! :D