[REQ] Share Files

coolv1994

Question

For the Vanilla, Technic, and Tekkit modpacks you should make a global texture packs folder that is shared between them, because I want to use the same texture pack, which is like 70MB and 70*3=210MB. That's a waste of space if you ask me. You should do the same for the binaries and libraries since they are unmodified and required for all mod packs.

4 answers to this question

Double posting and asking for when something is going to come out. A double whammy. May as well sign your post.

Anyway, in response to your question. I don't think that's actually possible. Sorry.

Also, to make a custom texture pack for the Technic pack, you would need to create more than one hundred new textures. I asked Rodox (I think I may have spelled that wrong) if he was planning on making support for it, and he gave me a number around that, maybe higher.

So yeah, support by the makers of texture packs for this mod pack will either take a long time, or will never happen at all.

• Forum Administrators

Hey CoolV1994! You should have read these! It might have saved you some!

Well I just signed up today and I didn't realize that there was a modify button, derp. If there was a download for the source code I could do it myself, but do you know what I'm saying about the redundancy in files.

Ignorance of rules is not immunity to rules.

Get bent for a few days.

As for your question we don't "do" texture packs. 210mb isn't that big of a deal either, especially since you'd want us to host the texture packs as a part of the download as well. We already pull some incredible data, we'd rather not dump more on it. Especially just for textures.