Custom server has ID issues with modpack

Yakman3

I use idfixminus to configure the id's on both my server and my modpack. my modpack works fine, with no ID conflicts, but when i try and join the server, i get a long list of ID errors that means i can't join. I can find the idfix.txt on my server, but not on my modpack. i don't know how to write one, what do i do?

• Discord Moderator

The correct way to do this is to resolve all conflicts on either the server OR the client, verify that all conflicts are still resolved after removing all IDFix-ing tools, then copy those deconflicted config files over to the other (either server or client, depending on which you resolved). If you resolve the conflicts independently of each other there will be mismatches (as you have seen).

• Discord Moderator

What I'm trying to say is that once the IDs are "fixed" correctly, there shouldn't be ANY ID fixing mods in the /mods/ folder which makes the idfix.txt file of no concern. You either deconflict the client OR the server, then copy over all the configs to whichever you didn't fix (if you fixed the client, copy the configs to the server, ec.). If you have an ID fixing mod in your client pack, or on your server you are doing it wrong.