Technic banner freezes

PlushPillow

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit operating system

Java Version: Java update 2 64 bit & Java update 4

Antivirus Program: Mcafee

Description of Problem:

In running Techic Launcher the banner freezes on my screen and Iam unable to play the game.

Error Messages:

None

Error Log:

[14:28:25] [sEVERE] ------------------------------------------

[14:28:25] [sEVERE] Launcher is starting....

[14:28:25] [sEVERE] Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[14:28:25] [sEVERE] Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[14:28:25] [sEVERE] Java VM: '1.7.0_02-b13'

[14:28:25] [sEVERE] OS Version: '6.1'

[14:28:25] [sEVERE] Is 64-bit: 'true'

[14:28:26] [sEVERE] [info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[14:28:27] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "main"

[14:28:27] [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

[14:28:27] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[14:28:27] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[14:28:27] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[14:28:27] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

[14:46:10] [sEVERE] ------------------------------------------

[14:46:10] [sEVERE] Launcher is starting....

[14:46:10] [sEVERE] Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[14:46:10] [sEVERE] Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[14:46:10] [sEVERE] Java VM: '1.7.0_02-b13'

[14:46:10] [sEVERE] OS Version: '6.1'

[14:46:10] [sEVERE] Is 64-bit: 'true'

[14:46:11] [sEVERE] [info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[14:46:12] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "main"

[14:46:12] [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

[14:46:12] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[14:46:12] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[14:46:12] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[14:46:12] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

[15:00:08] [sEVERE] ------------------------------------------

[15:00:08] [sEVERE] Launcher is starting....

[15:00:08] [sEVERE] Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[15:00:08] [sEVERE] Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I fixed it, credit to http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/stuck-on-technic-launcher-splash.8948/, and a friend for walking myself through, Created a batch file with the following:

mkdir %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\temp

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar

(Downloaded a server from tekkit and used that .bat file)

Alright, create a folder called 'rtemp', then run the bat file. Afterwords you should be able to run it from the normal exe as well.

Oddly enough, the way I found that out was when I copy and pasted to a bat(from the original thread): mkdir %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\rtemp

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar

It created an 'rtemp folder' but would close right away. After that my friend suggested putting C:\Program Files on a separate line(not sure if the added quotation marks did anything) and it ran. Again, I found simplest way is to just create a folder named 'rtemp', then run the bat file.

Make sure that with:

the "c:\program files" is on its own line, like above^

Also quite annoying that the banner gets stuck on my screen until i restart my computer

I did find that if you go to you task manager (Ctrl+SHift+Esc) and in the processes page, you end the processes labeled java, that will get rid of the splash page without a restart. :/

Well I fixed it for myself I feel very stupid about it.... But all i had had to do was allow the technic launcher updater through my windows firewall

If you have already done this than hopefully Grand could help you but if you haven't

1.Open up control panel

2.Select System and Security

3.Allow a program through windows firewall

4.Click change settings and you should be able to browse and select a program

By the way this is for windows 7 if you have any other versions of somesort hopefully there shall be similar instuctions

Victory! I made it to the launcher screen. Many thanks to your good sirs. :D

Now I just have to figure out why neither minecraft or tekkit can's connect to minecraft.net. But that is a problem for a different thread.

Nice! Try deleting your lastlogin file, that can solve the 'cant connect to minecraft.net' for the technic launcher(not sure about the regular launcher)

EDIT:http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/various-startup-issues.13366/#post-100205, someone said it is a Minecraft issue.

is this right?

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe"

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar

to put in my batch file?

nvr mnd this i did this part wrong but even when it is right it still wont work