Technic Launcher, Update failed!

DGx_ViSioN

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows Vista

Java Version: 7.0.50.5

Antivirus Program: At first when i opened the launcher, it would look like its updating then say, Failed to update. Now it has updated, but then when the minecraft screen pops up it has the blue screen with the modds on it. Idk what to do i have redownloaded, and i cant figure how to update the launcher to 3.0.3. Please help me.

Description of Problem:

At first when i opened the launcher, it would look like its updating then say, Failed to update. Now it has updated, but then when the minecraft screen pops up it has the blue screen with the modds on it. Idk what to do i have redownloaded, and i cant figure how to update the launcher to 3.0.3. Please help me.

Error Messages:

Update failed!

Error Log:

Two things:

1) What are you 3 using for antivirus software? Those like to interfere with downloads.

2) Check your version by selecting Tekkit in the launcher window and clicking Options. You want mod pack version 3.0.3 - if you don't have that, select "Always Use Recommended Build."

I have not been able to get it to even start downloading. When I try to log in, it gives me a pop-up that says "Unable to connect to Minecraft.net. Would you like to run in offline mode?" Then regardless of what I select, I get another pop-up saying "update failed!"

I have tried:

disabling anti-virus

Reinstalling java

allowing technik updater though windows firewall.

disabling windows firewall

restarting computer

deleting .techniclancher

A plethora of combinations of the above.

Vanilla minecraft also is unable to connect. And I have been experiencing these issues for about 5 days now. (so before the server craft thing)

First i try to open it and nothing happens. Then i try again it loads up and i press login and it instantly says update failed. I've gotten the recommended AV, updated java and done all the things the forum says might be the problem, and it still doesn't work. GRRRR!! plz halp.

Right I've been having sooo many problems like so many other people and I finally fixed it, now my problem is not the same as everyone else's but hopefully the things I'm gonna put down if you can tick all these things off your list I can give you a 90% guarantee it'll work, if not I'm going to post up what to do and feel free to PM me the details and I'll help you as much as I can. Like I said I struggled for a good month trying to get this launcher to work and connect to minecraft.net

1) Make sure you have the most up-to-date minecraft and make sure you can open that. If not in your downloads file it sometimes creates a notepad file explaining why, PM me what it is in that text file but leave out the bottom bit, I don't want to know your computer details xD

2) Have the latest Java update!! http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp ... Make sure you are installing it for the right operating system.

3) Download the latest techniclauncher. http://www.technicpack.net/launcher/ .. You can download both the .jar or .exe it doesn't really matter too much but please download the .jar for this list.

4) Make sure Java 6 is uninstalled. To do this go to 'control panel' find 'program and features' and look for "Java 6 Update __" After having Java 7 jre/se installed the following part is .... Fun. Go back to your lovely control panel. Find the Java control panel (Java icon). If not just search on your computer for 'Java Control panel' Once in here go to the tab called 'Java' And here is your Java runtime Environment :P. Stretch the extension and if java 6 is there remove it, if you cannot no worries. What you want to do is go to find. This part varies between 32 bit and 64 bit. For 32 bit owners I do believe your files are in Program files (x86), if not follow the rest. When you're in find it should originally be in 'My documents' or whatever. Go to computer, your hard drive that has program files, find Java, the jre7 folder, go into the bin folder and then select next, do not go into anymore folders, just the bin folder. After clicking on next it should of found the java file called Javaw.exe and It should look like this C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe.

5) This was probably the nail on the hammer for me. Download the latest graphics drivers for your computer/notebook. Yes it sounds a bit silly but trust me.

6) Now this gets fun. You're going to want to download Spoutcraft. Yes this is fine to download and if you guys who have had problems with Techniclauncher have realised in the logs it does have 'org.spoutcraft' as a place to download. So it is 100% legit. http://get.spout.org/ Please pick the .Jar download for this as well.

7) After doing all of this please make sure you can still open minecraft. After the Java swap around you might have to restart your computer and try to open it again. If not fear not I will get to that part.

8) Please see if you can open spoutcraft. This does EXACTLY the same as the techniclauncher and connect to minecraft.net. This may or may not work for you. If it does move onto step 10 If not then keep following this list.

9) So Spoutcraft isn't working? The spoutcraft folder should be just above the techniclauncher folder in your %appdata/roaming area. If Spoutcraft does not load it SHOULD produce a notepad file named 'hs_err_pid3512' Do not worry about the last 4 numbers that WILL change depending on what process line it is on due to your processor. Open that file and either post here or PM me the section that says.

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6903b212, pid=3512, tid=8056

#

# JRE version: 7.0_05-b06

# Java VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (23.1-b03 mixed mode windows-x86 )

# Problematic frame:

# C [atioglxx.dll+0xb212] DrvSwapBuffers+0xa2

This was my issue! And once I fixed this everything worked :) Which as you can see it says C [atiolxx.dll] That is my graphics card. This is why I'm saying each error is different and if you do not have this, PM me and I will help you.

10) So Spoutcraft is working but Technic isn't? This concerned me as well, had spoutcraft up which surprised me after everything and technic still didn't work.

Go to load up techniclauncer from inside the folder. While it is loading, go to the launcher folder and you see that disgusting CHECKSUM.md5 file? Yeah delete it while techniclauncher is loading. This worked for me :P Any problems PM me :)

I wouldn't say this is a step, but if none of this does work try one more thing for me. http://www.lwjgl.org/download.php This website allows you to download what I would call the essential to playing Java games. You SHOULDN'T need to download this as it comes with your web browser and it comes with downloading the normal Java, but it's here just incase you do need it :)

I really hope I have helped a lot of people, if I have helped you would you mind sending me a PM saying that I have, wouldn't mind a thanks xD

Hello i would just like to say this for mac OSx lion users the way i fixed this problem is i clicked finder --> Go on top left corner --> press option so library pops up --> click on library --> Application Support --> then scroll down until you find the folder called techniclauncher --> click on it --> temp --> delete the minecraft.jar and try loading the Technic Launcher again.

Hope this helps :)

• Forum Administrators

Hello i would just like to say this for mac OSx lion users the way i fixed this problem is i clicked finder --> Go on top left corner --> press option so library pops up --> click on library --> Application Support --> then scroll down until you find the folder called techniclauncher --> click on it --> temp --> delete the minecraft.jar and try loading the Technic Launcher again.

Hope this helps :)

Actually it just started working because we pushed the patch file.

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows Vista

Java Version: 7.0.50.5

Antivirus Program: At first when i opened the launcher, it would look like its updating then say, Failed to update. Now it has updated, but then when the minecraft screen pops up it has the blue screen with the modds on it. Idk what to do i have redownloaded, and i cant figure how to update the launcher to 3.0.3. Please help me.

Description of Problem:

At first when i opened the launcher, it would look like its updating then say, Failed to update. Now it has updated, but then when the minecraft screen pops up it has the blue screen with the modds on it. Idk what to do i have redownloaded, and i cant figure how to update the launcher to 3.0.3. Please help me.

Error Messages:

Update failed!

Error Log:

try going to options having selected the modpack you want and give it a little more space. hope this helps.

I have tried so many things and so many times...

Spout craft does download but not run...

and vanilla + Bukkit runs perfect, however Tekkit server fails at minecraft forge

I have spent the whole day trying to sort it out :-/

Launcher 1.0.2.0

tekkit 3.1.2

OSX 10.8.2

java version "1.7.0_09"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_09-b05)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.5-b02, mixed mode) 

I was having the same problem a lot of people seem to be having with the the launcher trying to download minecraft.jar 3 times and then giving me the "update failed". I too tried re-downloading launcher, deleting old folder, using the .jar, etc. but droop99's suggestion to hit "clear cache" under option did it for me. Don't know why, but as soon as I did it updated voltz and launched just fine. Was getting the message for both Voltz and Tekkit Lite but they now work (at least so far, will follow up if that changes) so if nothing else is working for you I'd say give it a shot.

I'm having that issue today for TechnicSSP. I've cleared cache and it didn't help. It tries downloading Minecraft.jar several times and then gives up. I can download fine with MultiMC.

edit: Just downloaded Yogbox and that worked fine. No idea what Technic's problem is.

another edit: The recommended version of technic is working now, but not the dev versions or older versions.