Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

15 minutes ago, Munaus said:

infinite generated universe.... in the space of 10GB.

the universe is a lot smaller than I thought

I reckon it'll work like Minecraft, with map files that get bloated if you generate too much. I wonder how fast it starts taking up space...

Crap, my laptop's GPU has decided to go crazy on me. It keeps hitting 99 degrees Celsius and throttling itself while playing this old HL2 mod. I turned on Vsync to lock the framerate down, but it's still hitting 89. The only time it ever hit anywhere close to that before is when I was playing Warframe with the GPU clocked 25% over stock for long periods of time.

Any ideas? This is a rather sudden thing. New thermal paste, maybe?

Edited by TheBytemaster

4 hours ago, TheBytemaster said:

Crap, my laptop's GPU has decided to go crazy on me. It keeps hitting 99 degrees Celsius and throttling itself while playing this old HL2 mod. I turned on Vsync to lock the framerate down, but it's still hitting 89. The only time it ever hit anywhere close to that before is when I was playing Warframe with the GPU clocked 25% over stock for long periods of time.

Any ideas? This is a rather sudden thing. New thermal paste, maybe?

GPU's use thermal paste? i guess its differnt from a desktop setup like mine...so possibly? maybe drivers? is it plugged in correctly (maybe it got bumped or something?)  

13 hours ago, dwwojcik said:

Any processor that puts out enough heat to need a cooler uses thermal paste.  I can't imagine thermal paste could cause a sudden change like that though, so my bet is on software as well.

we are talking GPU though not CPU's 

12 hours ago, holymage! said:

we are talking GPU though not CPU's 

The GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a "processor". They do use thermal paste, just like CPUs.

I forgot to mention, the game I was playing, (NEOTOKYO*), has never exhibited this in the past. And it hasn't been updated in forever.

At any rate, I'm doing a full driver reinstall with a more stable edition of the drivers. (I was on the performance branch, switching to the boring stable business branch.)

YETI: That seems to have mostly fixed it, max temp after a frame-unlocked stress test is a much more acceptable, (although still kinda high), 75C

Edited by TheBytemaster

4 hours ago, TheBytemaster said:

The GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a "processor". They do use thermal paste, just like CPUs.

I forgot to mention, the game I was playing, (NEOTOKYO*), has never exhibited this in the past. And it hasn't been updated in forever.

At any rate, I'm doing a full driver reinstall with a more stable edition of the drivers. (I was on the performance branch, switching to the boring stable business branch.)

YETI: That seems to have mostly fixed it, max temp after a frame-unlocked stress test is a much more acceptable, (although still kinda high), 75C

maybe get a fan and sit in front of your computer :P 

Zootopia was a fun movie. The squirts loved it (Bell even joined in on the howl, in the theater) and there was easily enough adult humor to make it a family show instead of a kids show. Better storyline than the trailers would suggest too. Kinda odd to watch a movie that was better than the trailers.

Now to await the sequels and spinoffs. I can definitely see them doing a Cops themed tv show.

My only gripe is fan reaction. I know it's standard, but I would like to be able to search for cute fanart to shows the little ones without having to wade through the rule34 crap and "headcannon" fanart/fiction that frankly should never have escaped the noggin that spawned it.

Seriously tumblr. When I search for a film name I don't want to see rageposting from someone angry that no one else accepts their headcannon theory that Nick's sexuality is something you need 37 syllables to describe. "You can see it in this aura" is never a valid argument.

And deviantart could use a better search algorithm, seeing as safe searching still turned up an image  that can only be described as murderfucking.

1 hour ago, Neowulf said:

My only gripe is fan reaction. I know it's standard, but I would like to be able to search for cute fanart to shows the little ones without having to wade through the rule34 crap and "headcannon" fanart/fiction that frankly should never have escaped the noggin that spawned it.

Seriously tumblr. When I search for a film name I don't want to see rageposting from someone angry that no one else accepts their headcannon theory that Nick's sexuality is something you need 37 syllables to describe. "You can see it in this aura" is never a valid argument.

And deviantart could use a better search algorithm, seeing as safe searching still turned up an image  that can only be described as murderfucking.

I recommend using Reddit to browse if possible. You'll miss a bit but you won't have to wade through r34 and tumblr crap.

15 minutes ago, Melfice said:

Ah, good. The Arabs and Indians have given up . Now, if only the Chinese (...? Did I do a racism?) could knock it off, we'll be spam free again.

Google translate suggests it's chinese, so I think you're in the clear. But you're jinxing the arabic and indian spam!

I know this has been brought up time and again, but is a post per day limit for new accounts out of the queston? Spamming wouldn't be that much of a problem if we didn't get 30 pages of it per bot per day.

10 hours ago, Kocken926 said:

Google translate suggests it's chinese, so I think you're in the clear. But you're jinxing the arabic and indian spam!

I know this has been brought up time and again, but is a post per day limit for new accounts out of the queston? Spamming wouldn't be that much of a problem if we didn't get 30 pages of it per bot per day.

That, and a captcha for posting threads. Not just a captcha for registering.

I'm assuming the forum software is modifiable in some way, it pretty much has to be.

Edited by Teraku

Why not both? A captcha for a new thread and a new thread limit for new accounts.

I'm guessing that a captcha for making a new thread would be harder to implement though, when I think about it. And really, just a new thread cap for accounts less than one or two days old would all but solve the problem.

Both are easier said than done though.

Anyways, a question. Usually, my car roof looks kind of like this when it's cold and frosty in the morning:

Spoiler

r7ivqw.jpg

A little while ago, it looked like this instead:

Spoiler

2nleb9j.jpg

Any ideas why this could happen? I've never seen it before or since, it's a complete mystery to me.

EDIT: Also, somehow I have 11453 profile views?

Edited by TheBytemaster

Eh, I've seen some obvious spam accounts that have submarined for months before becoming active.

Car roof, not sure on the exact conditions but it happens occasionally here as well. Looks like it's very cold air that has a moderate amount of moisture in it. Slower build up of frost.

http://superbeefy.com/why-does-frost-make-patterns-that-look-like-leaves-ferns-and-branches-when-it-forms-on-windows-and-cars/

2 hours ago, TheBytemaster said:

Why not both? A captcha for a new thread and a new thread limit for new accounts.

I'm guessing that a captcha for making a new thread would be harder to implement though, when I think about it. And really, just a new thread cap for accounts less than one or two days old would all but solve the problem.

Both are easier said than done though.

Anyways, a question. Usually, my car roof looks kind of like this when it's cold and frosty in the morning:

Hidden Content

A little while ago, it looked like this instead:

Hidden Content

Any ideas why this could happen? I've never seen it before or since, it's a complete mystery to me.

it happens often here in canada :P