Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

I was worried that would come across as me getting worked up -.-'

Also, why would you decide something like that with a system as arbitrary as a a caste system?

Also also, I'm abir proponent of genetic engineering so eh.

A LIGHTER TOPIC

If we had the technology to reliably and affectively apply retroactive genetic engineering to a human, would you sign up?

I would. I would so hard.

It's crazy to me that this thread is already over a year old. Forgot when the original Kitty Jail was posted, but that probably went for longer. After all, it did have 1000+ pages. I think the part that contributed to that more was that these forums seemed less "dead" really, a lot more regular members posting here. Oh well, enough with the sentimentality I guess.

1 hour ago, Vox De Harlequin said:

If we had the technology to reliably and affectively apply retroactive genetic engineering to a human, would you sign up?

Oh yeah, definitely. It would be great.

Another topic to discuss: Anyone else looking forward to E3? I seem to remember last year was kind of a letdown, at least from Nintendo's side, but with the news of the NX I think this year will be bonkers.

2 hours ago, Vox De Harlequin said:

we had the technology to reliably and affectively apply retroactive genetic engineering to a human, would you sign up?

I would. I would so hard.

Well, the only genetic "defect" I suffer from has to do with bone structure, and since I'm 20 years old genetic engineering couldn't fix anything (wait, is myopia hereditary?). Of course, being harder better faster stronger as well as being immune to cancer and ageing could always be a plus.

38 minutes ago, Mooseman9 said:

Another topic to discuss: Anyone else looking forward to E3? I seem to remember last year was kind of a letdown, at least from Nintendo's side, but with the news of the NX I think this year will be bonkers.

I've generally stopped watching E3 stuff, but I must say I'm interested to see what VR stuff will show up, that technology is becoming amazing real fast.

1 minute ago, Kocken926 said:

Well, the only genetic "defect" I suffer from has to do with bone structure, and since I'm 20 years old genetic engineering couldn't fix anything (wait, is myopia hereditary?). Of course, being harder better faster stronger as well as being immune to cancer and ageing could always be a plus.

Well obviously if you're going to have retroactive genetic engineering you'll need a full body reconstruction for anything major.

As for E3... I've honestly stopped paying attention to any of that shit. A lot of it seems to be needless drama and pomp mixed with unhealthy amounts of disappointment.

I prefer to let these things filter through channels I personally approve of and enjoy that instead.

1 hour ago, Mooseman9 said:

It's crazy to me that this thread is already over a year old. Forgot when the original Kitty Jail was posted, but that probably went for longer. After all, it did have 1000+ pages. I think the part that contributed to that more was that these forums seemed less "dead" really, a lot more regular members posting here. Oh well, enough with the sentimentality I guess.

Oh yeah, definitely. It would be great.

The only conference I'm looking forward to with any sort of interest is Bethesda's, only to see more Dishonored 2. 

7 hours ago, theprolo said:

I prefer Tracer to Mei, she's easier to use and fits my playstyle better. Definitely not because I'm English. Definitely.

I mean, I got 59 kills in a round as Tracer, so ended up playing as her wayyy too much out of habit

Fair enough. I like Tracer's mechanics, but I enjoy slamming doors on people with ice walls way too much.

(Plus I died way too much as Tracer anyways.)

The gratuitous NGE reference D.VA was pretty good too, although I may have killed myself with self destruct a few too many times. "NERF THIS!"

Regarding myopia being hereditary, I'd guess it depends on the cause of it.

Osteoporosis, for example, is hereditary, but getting punched in the face so hard it damages your eyes probably isn't. Maybe. Usually. Depends on if you're in a world that runs on narrative physics/chemistry/biology/existence.

Also it depends if you're talking about lack of visual acuity or insight.

Speaking(Writing?) about insight, Bloodborne is an awesome game. A total crapsack world, but interesting from the outside and makes for a great setting for a game. Unfortunately I lack the means to play it myself so I've had to live vivaciously vicariously through TheScribeD, but it is better than nothing and quite.. Insightful(*rimshot) to the game's lore.

Edited by Vox De Harlequin

4 hours ago, _Mataroyale_Modpacker_ said:

The only conference I'm looking forward to with any sort of interest is Bethesda's, only to see more Dishonored 2. 

The only conference I'm looking forward to is whatever conference or event AMD announces Polaris at. I've decided on getting a top-end Polaris 10 card and putting my new PC together when I get it.

Oh, and has anyone here tried Stellaris? We should all talk about it to torture Dwwojcik because he can't get it for another few days. I'm sort of thinking about it, but I'm not sure if I will enjoy it enough to justify the (admittedly quite reasonable) price right now.

live vivaciously through TheScribeD, 

This typo amuses me more than it should.

31 minutes ago, TheBytemaster said:

This typo amuses me more than it should.

What typo? The capital "D"? That's not a typo.

Nevermind, just double checked.

I didn't even realise vivaciously was a word until just now. Damn it auto-spellcheck you have failed me once more..

I didn't even realise vivaciously was a word until just now. *** it auto-spellcheck you have failed me once more..

If you want to disable forced spellcheck on Android, use the Hackers Keyboard. Plus it's great for remote PC access, has all the keys you could want.

Edited by TheBytemaster

I'm on a laptop, but I think chrome has this auto-spellcheck which works kinda like the one in microsoft word which I sometimes rely on if my hands declare mutiny and decide to type gibberish that looks like the word but really really isn't, but sometimes there's situations like this where the gibberish is an actual word I'd heard somewhere that was vaguely synophonous with the word I wanted to type so the spell-check doesn't highlight is as wrong and since my eyes are apparently in on the whole mutiny thing they don't bother to notify me that the thing is wrong as it ends up like that. Holy fuck that's a run on sentence that I cannot muster the will to fix so you have to deal with.

4 minutes ago, TheBytemaster said:

If you want to disable spellcheck on Android, use the Hackers Keyboard. Plus it's great for remote PC access, has all the keys you could want.

I'll second the suggestion for Hacker's Keyboard. I used it for a while, until I got sick of soft keyboards altogether. Now I use a laptop or desktop.

Going to record a Duskers Let's Play, using your names for the drones. Let me know if you want something other than your forum name or you have any suggestions.

On 5/12/2016 at 7:32 AM, planetguy said:

I'll second the suggestion for Hacker's Keyboard. I used it for a while, until I got sick of soft keyboards altogether. Now I use a laptop or desktop.

I'd do that too, but we can't all carry a laptop around in our pockets.

1 hour ago, TheBytemaster said:

Going to record a Duskers Let's Play, using your names for the drones. Let me know if you want something other than your forum name or you have any suggestions.

Never heard if it, but feel free I guess. Drop a link or something.

1 hour ago, TheBytemaster said:

I'd do that too, but we can't all carry a laptop around in our pockets.

You can't? How odd.

On 5/12/2016 at 8:24 PM, TheBytemaster said:

Oh, and has anyone here tried Stellaris? We should all talk about it to torture Dwwojcik because he can't get it for another few days. I'm sort of thinking about it, but I'm not sure if I will enjoy it enough to justify the (admittedly quite reasonable) price right now.

mysmilie_621.gif

Edited by dwwojcik

Congratulations, and screw you for making me remember the state of my own  computer.

For the curious, I've taken to calling it Schrodinger, simply because at any given moment in time there a 50% chance it'll crash or not even turn on, and I'm slightly afraid to turn it on these days for fear it'll explode on me. Hence why I haven't turned it on in at least six months...

Just now, TheBytemaster said:

Why even bother with that, just put stamps and a label on each part and see what happens.

At least the mailer allows it to traverse the USPS.

So since the discussion has apparently stagnated and I'm bored, how about we talk about what we've been reading lately?

I've recently finished bingeing the blackmage quest by Mizuki_Stone over on spacebattles which was kinda fun though the lack of updates disappointing, And before that I've been reading "The man who sold the world" by Nico_Cortes on SufficientVelocity, another thing I'm in the middle of reading is Spirit's Balance by Lupine Horror, who is generally an author I'd recommend, over on Fanfiction.net.

I've shared so now it's your turn. 

Changed a thing I can't really recommend because it's not really good also I haven't finished reading it yet so it might get better but screw that. Yes, this is a message to you mods.

I'm currently reading "Monkey" by Wu Che'eng En (Adaptation of the original (Journey to the West) by Arthur Waley).
Very interesting novel.

Before I read Beowulf, as translated by Tolkien. It's a good read, but very tiring. I decided to skip Tolkien's "Sellic Spell" in favour of reading "Monkey".
I also still have "American Gods" to read, as well as a stack of five more books.

You've just reminded of a book I got for christmas I haven't gotten around to reading.

The book is about a robot samurai fighting an extra-dimensional being that's making zombies in Victorian England, according to the synopsis on the back.

I am suddenly reminded why I haven't read it yet.

Hah. Johnathan Howard's "The Resus Chart". Apparently vampires do exist. (Within the Laundry Files universe, of course.)

If you haven't, you should check up on Howard, both the Laundry Files and the Johannes Cabal series are well worth reading for his natural phelmic English nature with a dry, cutting wit that he extrudes.oh-so-well.

Edited by Lethosos