Tekkit RP2 Frame Elevator Design

zagrom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for making those videos, I learned so much with your explanations. Followed along step by step and was able to completely recreate it, as well as make a door using the same basic concept!

AWESOME! Im so glad someone learned something from this!

Id love to see video or even pics of what you came up with.

We have move stuff planned soon.

(atm 2 types of frame bores and frame door we designed and

still thinking up more ideas, feel free to suggest anything.)

I have to say I enjoy Tutorials but this dont work for me, first of all, you left out some parts of the build in between tutorials and that is most likely the problem that my elevator stopped while going down to floor 1 (or the battery boxes ran out of fuel because the emergency button wasnt working either). Other than that great job! I dare you to make a self building elevator that works like this one by using panels to keep the redstone mounted when most likely pushed by pistons!

first of all, you left out some parts of the build in between tutorials and that is most likely the problem that my elevator stopped while going down to floor 1

What parts are you saying I left out?

Not to point fingers but I'm forced to assume your wiring isn't properly setup somewhere. There are a few parts of this build that are variables, as in it wont be the same for everyone depending on how your whole building is set up.

I dare you to make a self building elevator that works like this one by using panels to keep the redstone mounted when most likely pushed by pistons!

I dont quite understand what you mean. I might try if I understood.

I have to say I enjoy Tutorials but this dont work for me, first of all, you left out some parts of the build in between tutorials and that is most likely the problem that my elevator stopped while going down to floor 1 (or the battery boxes ran out of fuel because the emergency button wasnt working either). Other than that great job! I dare you to make a self building elevator that works like this one by using panels to keep the redstone mounted when most likely pushed by pistons!

Most likely the cause of your problem based on that description is an uncovered frame somewhere that is getting stuck on something.

Or as zag said a wiring issue somewhere

Remember to keep testing your build throughout so that you don't get too far ahead of a problem that you may have created earlier.

Btw the only thing that was left out in between the vids that I can recall was we were missing a piece of bundle that was replaced, though I admittedly missed some more that we had found at the end during the vid anyways lol.

AWESOME! Im so glad someone learned something from this!

Id love to see video or even pics of what you came up with.

We have move stuff planned soon.

(atm 2 types of frame bores and frame door we designed and

still thinking up more ideas, feel free to suggest anything.)

Here ya go! Put as links as to not lengthen the page. Since there is only two states for the door (up or down) i have a redstone torch attached to the base of the door that when the door is down generates the toggle for the logic room. I could have ran one long bundled cable between the machine room and logic room but i wanted to play with wireless heh. Also I had tried to make it so it would automatically close/open based on if it were night or day but it wasnt working correctly and I scrapped the idea :/ Anyways, thanks again for making the awesome videos!

Since there is only two states for the door (up or down) i have a redstone torch attached to the base of the door that when the door is down generates the toggle for the logic room. I could have ran one long bundled cable between the machine room and logic room but i wanted to play with wireless heh. Also I had tried to make it so it would automatically close/open based on if it were night or day but it wasnt working correctly and I scrapped the idea :/ Anyways, thanks again for making the awesome videos!

Hey, thanks for showing. Like I mentioned before, we have a video coming so specifically for a RP2 frame door that reacts to day and night and blocks people spamming the button and auto closes after a set amount of time. Im sure you can get the door you want after watching that video =D

What version of tekkit were you using because when i tried this, the NOR Gate kept getting destroyed.

EDIT: I have made my own system just for moving up one floor at a time from inside the elevator but the button i use actually got stuck and sent a constant signal causing me to move up two blocks instead of one.

Solution?

No, Im sorry If I misled in the video. I recall I stopped to try and explain that bit but its such a big build its hard to properly explain everything. You might have gotten confused cause I was talking about how you need panels on one side of the button so that it will pull the button with the frames. That said, the button itself has to be on a true block. In the video you should be able to see that there aren't lines around the edges of the blocks that the button is on like the other panels that were placed.

Again sorry if I made things confusing.