Tekkit RP2 Frame Elevator Design

zagrom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely the cause of your problem based on that description is an uncovered frame somewhere that is getting stuck on something.

Or as zag said a wiring issue somewhere

Remember to keep testing your build throughout so that you don't get too far ahead of a problem that you may have created earlier.

Btw the only thing that was left out in between the vids that I can recall was we were missing a piece of bundle that was replaced, though I admittedly missed some more that we had found at the end during the vid anyways lol.

Actually all frames were covered and the wires looked the same. hm... also maybe it only works on servers because i was on singleplayer.

What parts are you saying I left out?

Not to point fingers but I'm forced to assume your wiring isn't properly setup somewhere. There are a few parts of this build that are variables, as in it wont be the same for everyone depending on how your whole building is set up.

I dont quite understand what you mean. I might try if I understood.

By self building elevator I mean... (well check out a self building house on youtube and you'll get the idea) basicly it looks like a normal landscape then with a flick of a switch the landscape opens up and an elevator comes out of the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not really replying, been pretty focused on the server lately, sorta prepping for the new era.

I may look into the self building elevator some more. That could be neat.

Is there any way to make the elevator start at the top and go down? Like a basement type thing with the emergency call button going to the ground floor instead of to the lowest basement floor.

Theres no reason why not, so long as you change the wiring to do so. If I understand right the only real difference would be to switch out the emergency button to cycle the up wire rather then the down.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a bit of update news on both the elevator and bore.

Elevator has had some minor design changes that has once again shrunk its size a bit. Also another staff member has designed a CC elevator that I may release. Both of these will get a short video sometime in the future.

Those of you still waiting for the bore video, I was planning to do it soon (Its changed designs at least 2 times sense I said id record) but dev is planning to work on yet another new design soon, Ill probably record showoff videos of both but will make a tutorial of whichever people are more interested in at the will be pretty different from each other.

Thanks to everyone who has been watching these videos and learning from them. Heres a video response someone sent in to me where he had recreated our elevator design.

Show him a little love for taking the time to make a video, I think he did a pretty fine job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes I know that mod exists :)

The idea was to make it as compact as possible without cc, and really I don't think cc can get much more compact then that.

I think you would agree that this is much more appealing over the sea of redstone logic.