Thread Recycling - The Eco Posters Wild Jungle Of Topics

player21

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Re: Is there a version of the technic launcher that.....

Yeah,I don't wanna give you my account information.I don't know you and I don't trust you with something that has had my credit card information used.

First off, the Technic team has no way of getting your information through their launcher. It sends your information directly to the minecraft.net servers. Also, your credit card information isn't saved with your account. It was only used to actually purchase the game. If they looked at your credit card they would not be able to find your account, nor would it work the same way if they looked at your account information. Your credit card's influence ended after the purchase.

And finally, you're not giving Technic your information. All Technic does is pass it through to Minecraft, which you have to give your information anyway.

better safe then sorry. Plus what to stop them from using a dual routing code to give them our account information while logging us into the server. I mean, I guess people can be dumb enough to "trust" someone, but I don't trust anyone only when it come to them asking me to give out my account information. I didn't ask them to log me into the server I just want the mods added to my minecraft. I guess I'll have to do it myself since I'm feeling a sense of elitist coming from you guys.

better safe then sorry. Plus what to stop them from using a dual routing code to give them our account information while logging us into the server. I mean, I guess people can be dumb enough to "trust" someone, but I don't trust anyone only when it come to them asking me to give out my account information. I didn't ask them to log me into the server I just want the mods added to my minecraft. I guess I'll have to do it myself since I'm feeling a sense of elitist coming from you guys.

Well considering that doing that is pretty much the same as phishing (albeit in a slightly different method other than e-mail or instant messaging), I would say that a hefty fine and possible jail time is what is keeping them from doing that.

Also, just looked up the penalties. They are: Jail time, probation, significant fees and fines, seizure and forfeiture of property, restitution, and community service.

Newsflash: A single paragraph of code can make a mod that will read and transmit your lastlogin file, which thanks to Notch's wisdom, isn't even hashed. Playing anything but vanilla Minecraft -is- trust.

Firstly, it's a thirty-dollar one-time fee to an account that, if compromised, can be restored. Secondly, the payment was secure, and even if Technic were to go and look at the transaction history and somehow find that "transaction XXXXXXXXXXXX" by Mojang were to correspond to your account, the payment security measures would make sure that nobody could trace your credit card number or whatever.

So, if you want to argue about "credit card security," I suggest you never buy anything on the Internet ever again, destroy all current cards, and only deal in cash from now on.

Because you're paranoid and misinformed, and looking to distrust something that you can scan for yourself to verify that it is safe just because of a flawed sense of "internet security."

Yeah,I don't wanna give you my account information.I don't know you and I don't trust you with something that has had my credit card information used.

They are all much nicer than me , I would have just said if you don't trust the Devs here:

1) Delete your forum account

2) Delete Technic from your computer (1 and 2 are interchangeable)

3 ) Don't let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out.

but that is just me, I'm not as nice as some of these guys.

• Forum Administrators

Looks like you won't be joining us for dinner then? Should I leave the door open or....?

I was going to go with something along the lines that if he is paranoid that out of the thousands of people using Technic, he is going to be singled out for credit cards scam (even if easily possible) he probably should just stay off the Internet all together. But I think he left already.

As far as I am concerned, Icewolf says the other devs are chill so that is good enough for me.

I was going to go with something along the lines that if he is paranoid that out of the thousands of people using Technic, he is going to be singled out for credit cards scam (even if easily possible) he probably should just stay off the Internet all together. But I think he left already.

As far as I am concerned, Icewolf says the other devs are chill so that is good enough for me.

Though if one is paranoid enough they might figured that all admins and Regulars could be a single person posting as multiple people as a facade. But yeah, the launcher is open source as stated above and their are packet sniffing tools so you can see just what is being sent out from your computer.

More importantly, I give this pack my approval.

So you know it's safe.

Because what I say matters. It's what I keep telling myself anyway.

I guess I'll have to do it myself since I'm feeling a sense of elitist coming from you guys.

Probably, because of your previous statement:

That statement is woefully inaccurate, the "you" you attack is vague and hostile to anyone reading (so, you insulted the community), and you managed to illustrate your willful ignorance by not investigating what the launcher actually does with login information and how credit card transactions actually work over the internet.

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet that even if we asked, you wouldn't share your tinfoil hats you stocked up. Those jet engine vapor trails, man!

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet that even if we asked, you wouldn't share your tinfoil hats you stocked up. Those jet engine vapor trails, man!

Hey, be fair man, those jet engines are FULL of the same mind control chemicals Stalin used. OP is totally right to be suspicious of them.

I mean, I guess people can be dumb enough to "trust" someone

What a silly statement. All of human civilization is based on varying degrees of trust.

Me and my friends started running tekkit on my server. All of us use the launcher. We've had no credit card issues. We're also FAR from being the only ones who use it on a daily basis. There are no reported instances of this, and it's nearly impossible to stop the internet from learning about something.

It would take some sort of grand conspiracy of epic proportions for no-one to be able to link credit card account theft to Technic if it happens to all, or ANY of their users.

I can understand being a bit distrustful, but you're bordering on extreme paranoia.

If these coders wanted to steal from people, they're smart enough to target a game that has more money-transfers and less publicity than minecraft has.

More importantly, I give this pack my approval.

So you know it's safe.

Because what I say matters. It's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Beer has never lead me astray. It's always been the liquor shots afterwards that have done that... :(

Beer has never lead me astray. It's always been the liquor shots afterwards that have done that... :(

Yeah, that liquor guy is a fucking douchebag. He's usually punching you in the gut and ruining a good night.

The worst I'll ever do is convince you to go fuck that fat and/or ugly chick.

32 years old and never drank. :P

You're incredibly smart, so you get a pass.

I on the other hand, am about as smart as a bag of rocks.

That's right.

I just insulted rocks.