Modpacks Not Launching

xStylesOfWar

Question

I've recently bought a new laptop it has Windows 7, Kaspersky Anti-Virus, and a 32 bit processor.

I decided to get technic launcher because of its ease of access. The launcher itself starts up fine and installing mods is working but launching them causes; technic to load them up and when finished loading closes and reopens again in a second and is back on the normal modpacks tab.

10 answers to this question

• Moderators

post the log

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

• Moderators
[WARNING] Unable to load platform pack gages-volts
[WARNING] Unable to load platform pack era-volts
[WARNING] Unable to load platform pack volts-more-mods

so far these are only platform packs, user-created. Try a Technic pack - Tekkit, Hexxit, Attack of the B-team - and see if you get the same error.

If you do, post a new log

• Moderators

I looked deeper in the log

[INFO]  Error occurred during initialization of VM
  Could not reserve enough space for 1048576KB object heap

this is a RAM issue. Check in Launcher Options how much RAM you allocate to the launcher

[SEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Logan\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\voltz\bin\natives\jinput-dx8.dll (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

this one shows that your security software - antivirus - opened a file for a scan. The file should've been left untouched.

Disable the software that is doing this