What happened to Crafting Table III?

Congratulations. You've just killed yourself of a really fun experience of making a machine to auto craft those solar arrays for you. Most of the fun in Technic/Tekkit is using the mods within to create fantastic pieces of engineering delight.

Well... It was either make a machine to craft solar arrays and make solar arrays - more resources req.

or

make solar arrays manually - faster and less resources required.

And seen as this was to get unlimited resources in the first place, which we didn't have before, we went with the second one.

IMO it would be a much better idea for tekkit to leave the crafting table mk3 in tekkit but in the server properties of the server there is a question as follows:

Crafting Table Mk3 available? - true/false

therefore people can turn it on or off as they please =) but those of us who can live with the minor bugs can still use them =)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any clue how much effort it would take them to modify forge so it had a specific "load CT3?" config variable? Or the chances it would break compatibility with something? Or even the fact that next update their work would have to be redone anyway for the specific case of a specific version of forge and a specific version of CT3?

It's not that they didn't want CT3 in the mod, the fact they still added it after the fiasco of CT2's major duping bugs should be a good enough response to that.

It's the fact they couldn't add it in this version. I don't know about right now, but when they released the latest tekkit CT3 was incompatible with the version of forge they used.

And don't you dare say they should have kept a compatible version of forge. Your desire for cheaper mass crafting does not trump their desire to release an updated pack with new features and major bugfixes.

Just sit your ass down and wait for the next version, CT3 will probably make it's reappearance then.

No one here is saying they should of kept an incompatable mod Neowolf, it was people saying it was removed due to the 'minor' bugs that caused such a suggestion.

And there is /already/ the ability to make a 'no CT3' option provided by dozerns of bukkit plugins that disallow carfting of certian blocks e.t.c. so it's 0 work and already done. It's the same method everyone used to prevent EE (or EE duping). Or any other block that may have undersirable components.

Needless hostility gets people nowhere.

Needless hostility gets people nowhere.

You know what else gets you nowhere fast? Entitlement. That desire to feel like the Technic team, modders, or whoever owes you something. Guess what, no one owes you anything.

Neo's hostility is in check here and rightly so. You're just blowing your little butt trumpet because you can't be bothered to open a normal craft table and put the parts in yourself. You need a mod in order to make your life in Minecraft just a little simpler. If I had any input at all, CT3 would never make an appearance again in Technic/Tekkit because of you and people just like you, which is a lot of people.

Be happy that you have an easy to use launcher, that there are some guys who took time out of their day to put this pack together for you to use, instead of having to click and drag zips and files into jars and folders. Your post reeks of ungratefulness and that's why you're getting hostility. It's completely justified especially since Neowolf is one of the guys who's got a mod in these packs.

If you have even a shred of dignity, you thank him and offer your butt for penetration.

Sorry beer but you're wrong, my mod isn't in the pack. I'm still working on it as an addon for IC2 to replace forestry functionality, and I probably should get off my arse and finish it.

You're making my job difficult Neo.

Also, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm in IRC most of the time.

Do you have any clue how much effort it would take them to modify forge so it had a specific "load CT3?" config variable?

-snip-

Just sit your ass down and wait for the next version, CT3 will probably make it's reappearance then.

I am no modder and my programming knowledge barely covers matlab... However I can come up with ideas. As OmegaJasm said people were saying 'it was removed due to the 'minor' bugs'. So I was saying 'well why not keep it in and allow people to choose whether or not they want to have the minor bugs or not?' If the bugs were game/world breaking then they wouldn't be minor and then I would never have suggested such a thing.

i.e. the only reason I suggested that idea was because people were saying the bugs were minor.

i.e. the only reason I suggested that idea was because people were saying the bugs were minor.

It really boils down to what the Technic guys say. Everything I say or other users is heresay and can't be a trusted source. If it isn't in, there's a darn good reason for it. It might be put in later (example: Balkons for Tekkit) or it might not be. It is determined by the team if it is a game breaking bug or not. Stuff like duping or causing a client/server crash in any sense is going to warrant it being removed. Or in this case, a flat out incompatibility with the rest of the pack.

But never fully trust or believe everything you read that isn't directly from the source.

I think its more the spirit of tekkit to make a auto maker (put in high EMC valued stuff, receive bacon), because an auto crafter is pretty stupid. I made one for LV solar arrays before I knew of CT3, and my god what a fucking waste. While I'm all for "spirit" that's just a plain waste of space and resources.

While I have never had a problem with CT3 (not once. at all. stop it beer, you've been drinking too much, your scaring the kids which your screaming about baby killer CT3) if it does have a MAJOR problem which stops it being in, I'm fine with waiting. but just announcing it with just a

• Removed Crafting Table III

and ignoring us is leaving a lot to be desired, its just bugging me so much that they wont say why its removed. Maybe it will be in the recommended build. Who knows...

Newe6000, you'll find minimal information about additions and removals are par for the course, else the team would be justifying their every move here and have to deal with a shitfest every single time. Usually some helpful person will work out compatibility if you check the forum though. I'll be trying out the plugin suggested in one of these threads on our server in a day or two myself.

You know what else gets you nowhere fast? Entitlement. That desire to feel like the Technic team, modders, or whoever owes you something. Guess what, no one owes you anything.

Neo's hostility is in check here and rightly so. You're just blowing your little butt trumpet because you can't be bothered to open a normal craft table and put the parts in yourself. You need a mod in order to make your life in Minecraft just a little simpler. If I had any input at all, CT3 would never make an appearance again in Technic/Tekkit because of you and people just like you, which is a lot of people.

Be happy that you have an easy to use launcher, that there are some guys who took time out of their day to put this pack together for you to use, instead of having to click and drag zips and files into jars and folders. Your post reeks of ungratefulness and that's why you're getting hostility. It's completely justified especially since Neowolf is one of the guys who's got a mod in these packs.

If you have even a shred of dignity, you thank him and offer your butt for penetration.

See previous comment on needless hostility. I've never claimed the technic team should have to do /anything/ for me. Heck, my post was suggesting do it yourself solutions. You sure your quoting the right post?

I think its more the spirit of tekkit to make a auto maker (put in high EMC valued stuff, receive bacon), because an auto crafter is pretty stupid. I made one for LV solar arrays before I knew of CT3, and my god what a fucking waste. While I'm all for "spirit" that's just a plain waste of space and resources.

If you're going for efficiency over fun, then yes. In which case, load up EE and you'll be efficient as all hell. You'll get bored a lot faster too. Making manufacturing machines isn't about efficiency, it's about engineering and accomplishing a goal. You know what I hate making? Circuits. I hate it so much, I started cutting every time I had to make one. Cutting cake that is. So instead I built a machine to do it. Now, I hate having to worry about resources for machines, so I just hooked up some condensers for copper, sticky resin, redstone, and iron. Bing bang boom, I had a circuit machine. Then I made it more efficient, condensed, and eventually had it just automatically create a stack of them with an auto shutoff timer once the stack finished. The next step was to incorporate it into a BASIC program using Redpower Control. But I got caught up with another project. The point is... it was fun to builld but it was far from efficient.

While I have never had a problem with CT3 (not once. at all. stop it beer, you've been drinking too much, your scaring the kids which your screaming about baby killer CT3) if it does have a MAJOR problem which stops it being in, I'm fine with waiting. but just announcing it with just a

• Removed Crafting Table III

and ignoring us is leaving a lot to be desired, its just bugging me so much that they wont say why its removed. Maybe it will be in the recommended build. Who knows...

You know how it's removed? When you load up Tekkit and it's not there. Quickest changelog ever.

You know how it's removed? When you load up Tekkit and it's not there. Quickest changelog ever.

Haha... I could agree with the rest of that post if you didn't use that line to be a dick.

Your problem with crafting table 3 is that people use it and you don't? Newsflash: Your auto circuit --->>MAKER<<--- does give you an advantage over the people who use CT3. You proved what I was saying.

Ok, put out the fire, lets take a step back here and remove these sticks from up our arse. At the end of the day the only truly irremovable mods are Industrialcraft, Redpower, Buildcraft and EE. But using the "I'M GLAD ITS GONE BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT" as an answer to a question about a mod removal is stupid.

Do you know what I hate? bluetricity. Its fucking pointless, hardly used and to generate any power for it you have to waste 3 or 4 blocks for solar panels. Bluetricity is one too many power types, I can stand Buildcraft having its own power type as that's needed for its function, plus thanks to Tekkit team a mod to port power between IC and Buildcraft is in so its not a problem. But bluetricity is fucking annoying and is pretty much required if you want to do anything advanced using Redpower.

If tomorrow the Redpower maker said "KTHXBAI Bluetricity suck my fucking diiiick!" I would be happy. But others wont. Their are people out there who would be really angry, and would have every right to be. My point is beer, you have no fucking right to bitch slap people for wanting answers after something you hate is removed, your opinion is your own worthless opinion, like my opinion is my own worthless opinion. Stop being a dick on this thread, people have a right to be annoyed. Let them cool off, don't fan the flames!

My problem with the CT3 is that it's buggy. I don't use it because I don't like using buggy mods. I used to use CT2 until, you guessed it, it started glitching out on me. It's why I was hesitant to use CT3 and for good reason, because it caused me abnormally large amounts of lag on a tekkit server. If you bothered to read any post in this thread, you would know why I'm not a fan of it. Not simply because I don't use it.

Blutricity is relatively new to the redpower mod overall. You will start to see more and more uses for it and I suspect it will be required to power redpower control items as that part of the mod progresses. Has no bearing on who uses it and who doesn't as it's required to power things like retrievers (essential to mods)

The clear point of that last bit in my previous post was you're not owed anything, including a changelog. If you want to know what's changed, play it. Not terribly difficult considering the whole point of this pack is to play it.

You decided to get all riled up over nothing. Way to go champ.

You do owe something to the people who use and/or promote your mod. And it isn't a "suck it" attitude.

You owe them any and all of your success.

Because all of that talent and hard work means nothing if nobody hears about it, or gets to have fun.

You do owe something to the people who use and/or promote your mod. And it isn't a "suck it" attitude.

You owe them any and all of your success.

Because all of that talent and hard work means nothing if nobody hears about it, or gets to have fun.

Yes and No.

If you've got users demanding things from you, as a modder, they've definitely deserved a suck it attitude. But for non-entitled users, absolutely.

Beer, every time you post you change your story. How can you say that crafting table 3 is buggy when you have never used it?

Just fucking give up beer, your being a no-life constantly coming back here to flame.

I can safely say Millenaire is buggy, and I've played with it...very rarely. Cut it out with the needless hostility.

Beer, every time you post you change your story. How can you say that crafting table 3 is buggy when you have never used it?

Just fucking give up beer, your being a no-life constantly coming back here to flame.

Ok?

If you read this entire thread, you'd know I have used it and because of the results of when I did use it, I don't anymore. I've also used the previous version, CT2 and wasn't a fan which made me apprehensive of using CT3. I don't know where you got me saying I've never used it. I simply don't use it -since- my last experience with it, which is documented in this thread.

If anyone here is causing problems, you are. I'm trying to stick to the facts and the topic at hand and all you're trying to do is goad me into an internet slugfest. If that needs to happen then this will be moved to PAINS. However you're accusations are mostly baseless (I am a dick, but I'm not going to deny that because it is also well documented all over the forums) and overall I am pretty good about sticking to the topic and offering help when and where I can.

Looking at your history, all you've managed to do is come here and cause problems and yell at me. It's not a great way to establish yourself in a community, particularly the Technic community.

I am established. I've been here for awhile and although I may be a pretty big ding-a-ling, I'm also constructive and helpful. Furthermore if I am being a big ol' boner, I try to at least keep it humorous for the people reading so that way they can walk away with a smile on their face and laughter in their hearts. I'm like oatmeal. I might not be pretty at first, but eventually you will digest enough of me to appreciate the benefits of having me inside you.

Also, I help you poop.

I really liked the crafting table 3 because it could think ahead for you. Example: Say you have a diamond block and a log. You want a diamond pickaxe. Normally, you would have to convert the diamond block into diamonds, and the log into wooden planks and then sticks. The crafting table 3 will do that for you. I don't want to have to do the work of getting the materials then crafting one thing and then mixing that thing with another to make a third; I just want to have the crafting table 3 do that all for me; such as with the forcefield stuffs. I really don't want to make a mistake and make too much of one thing, which is why I want to have the crafting table 3 back, or even an updated version.

I recommend using the Project Table from RedPower. It's not the same, but hey... It's still much better then the original crafting table! It's has a small inventory to put the ingredients. Then if you like to make a bunch of something, you only have to put in the recipe without stacking the ingredients and the remainder required ingredients will be pulled out of the inventory of the table.

EDIT: I just saw this other thread: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/plugin-replacement-for-craftingtable-iii.16048/ Completely server-side and probably is what you are searching for...

That is probably best in the absence of the crafting table III

Just like everyone else, I've got an opinion. Mine is that people who can't live without crafting table 3 might as well just play in creative.

Seriously? You can't be bothered to put the stuff in the table yourself? Or make a project table? Or do what the whole purpose of the modpack is, and build an elaborate OP machine to make the items for you?

If you want it, add it back yourself. If you don't run your own server, convince your server operators to put it back in.

People who do things like exploit bugs or who require CT3 just don't really like playing the game. It's as simple as that. Even if it was added back in, they'd find some other thing to whine about. Yes, it's all about playing your own way, and to do that, you can add the mod yourself instead of whining to people who have done an amazing job getting all these mods to work together and are offering the easiest installer FOR FREE.

Nobody owes you anything. You paid for vanilla minecraft. Anything beyond that is a labor of love from people who like the game. Stop whining and play.

Just like everyone else, I've got an opinion. Mine is that people who can't live without crafting table 3 might as well just play in creative.

Seriously? You can't be bothered to put the stuff in the table yourself? Or make a project table? Or do what the whole purpose of the modpack is, and build an elaborate OP machine to make the items for you?

If you want it, add it back yourself. If you don't run your own server, convince your server operators to put it back in.

People who do things like exploit bugs or who require CT3 just don't really like playing the game. It's as simple as that. Even if it was added back in, they'd find some other thing to whine about. Yes, it's all about playing your own way, and to do that, you can add the mod yourself instead of whining to people who have done an amazing job getting all these mods to work together and are offering the easiest installer FOR FREE.

Nobody owes you anything. You paid for vanilla minecraft. Anything beyond that is a labor of love from people who like the game. Stop whining and play.

Impressive speech, but what about those REALLY BIG recipes where it is all to easy to mess up? Do you really like it more to craft it normally, knowing the risk? Also: I'm not meaning any offense. I respect your opinion, but I just wanna state mine.

When building large quantities of stuff, CTIII is really helpful. How are you going to craft a stack of MFSUs normal way? It would take you forever to even make stack of MFEs let alone upgrade them into MFSUs. And fact that energy crystals do not stack does not help.

Sure you can make a machine with Automated Crafting Tables and such, but if you need a specific item just once, you can't make this automatic crafting machine just for every item in the game.

When building large quantities of stuff, CTIII is really helpful. How are you going to craft a stack of MFSUs normal way? It would take you forever to even make stack of MFEs let alone upgrade them into MFSUs. And fact that energy crystals do not stack does not help.

Sure you can make a machine with Automated Crafting Tables and such, but if you need a specific item just once, you can't make this automatic crafting machine just for every item in the game.

Several project tables, alchemical chests, and Shift+Ctrl+click.

It sucks but it's not as bad as you'd think. Making a stack of HV Solar panels, however, would really suck.