What happened to Crafting Table III?

Oh I don't know if it'd suck that bad. Transformers aren't terribly hard to make and once you get the basic components of the solar panel in, it's not that bad at all. If anything, getting the amount of resources just to make the basic panels is the real pain. Once you've got them though, a project table makes the work a lot less tedious.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making a stack of HV Solar panels, however, would really suck.

Yea, I remember when I started crafting 16 HV solar arrays.The most painful expirience in Tekkit :P

128 MVSA --> 1024 LVSA --> 8192 solar pannels (81 920 refined metal, 16 384 electronic circuit, 1042 machine blocks etc.)

For this kind of things CT3 is very helpfull because you don't need to put in the table every item individually. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against crafting items like this, but for mass production it's a big no-no. I haven't tried to set up an automatic crafting system because it would take me longer to accomplish my goal.

For me CT3 was a little buggy, or at least it seemed buggy and as I sad before I have only used it for mass production. I really hope that the CT3 will be fixed and readded in the future. If not, well it was an helpfull item but nothing more. It will not be missed.

I guess that's just where I differ. I feel like trying to make the game easy and consequence free takes away from the fun of it. People who rage quit when they screw up a recipe are taking it far to seriously.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way. In my case that consequence of yours was frustration of doing the same item over and over again. If there is really a someone who enjoys making 16384 electronic circuits (or a lot of other items) mannualy on an crafting or a project table well I don't know what to say then :)

I also tried to make HV array manually. But I stopped and rage quited (from crafting) at MV one. Even with CTIII it was a huge pain in the ass, so I went and build an auto crafting machine. Even CTIII can't handle that recipe.

I hope that ComputerCraft 1.4 will be added to tekkit soon. It's crafting ability sounds very interesting. It will not be an CT3, but self programmed solution often feels much better.

I've personally had no issues with CT3 on any server, apart from it freezing for about 10sec when rearranging inventory when it's open. I imagine duping is possible, but seriously, how is that a problem in TEKKIT? With EE, the whole game is a major duping process where you can create dozens of diamonds per second after a few days play, and even if you skip collectors you've still got blaze rod maceration, and even if you skip THAT you can set up blockbreakers/cobble generators/recyclers for infinite resources (although slower). I just don't see duping as that big of a problem.

Now, getting around item limitations might be a problem, though I imagine if you have plugins to keep certain items banned you might as well just get a plugin to prevent them from being placed.

Not being compatible is of course a veto reason, and I imagine that's why it isn't in - I don't think it's because of the "spirit of tekkit" really, since that would've gotten rid of collector/relay setups faaar back (since they do basically the same thing but from the air)

The main time I'll miss it, is every time I need to make an item 1-3 times. Project Tables and Auto-crafting are nice, but when your making some stupidly over convoluted recipe just once, it doesn't help.

Honestly, a lot of this wouldn't be as bad if there wern't so meny rediculiously fiddly crafting chains. Mod authours tend to seriously over do it on unique components and 3rd-4th+ teir recipies. Manualy crafting /is really boring/.

I use project table rooms. It's a lot easier to start with basic recipes on one end, and just move down the list, than it is to autocraft.

I know Ct3 is 'easier', but I hate the lag, and for some reason it feels even more like cheating than EE does.

At least EE just gives you free materials. with CT3 and EE together, you might as well be in creative, or exploiting a dupe glitch.

Build the factory. It's an accomplishment.

Funny, I think creating HV solar arrays is actually easy. They use a limited amount of different resource types, so it is very easy to calculate what amount of resources you need, and dump the stuff in 2 project tables (not the normal one because having to divide the resources sucks in that one). It is just the first batch of solar panels and the transformers that needs some calculating. The array recipes and transformers are dead simple and very fast to craft. Only if you can't be bothered to count the amount of resources you need, you really want CT3. Because it counts for you.

Edit: As for autocrafting. I would never use it for something I only have to craft once. I mainly use that for on demand crafting where a regulator checks some inventory.

I use project table rooms. It's a lot easier to start with basic recipes on one end, and just move down the list, than it is to autocraft.

I know Ct3 is 'easier', but I hate the lag, and for some reason it feels even more like cheating than EE does.

At least EE just gives you free materials. with CT3 and EE together, you might as well be in creative, or exploiting a dupe glitch.

Build the factory. It's an accomplishment.

Well, if CT3 worked as intended it's definitely not cheating. That's where I have to disagree because you're not getting materials for free. Most decent servers don't have EE installed and with good reason, but CT3 may be an option. I can understand the ease of shortcuts and skipping steps. The concept of CT3 is great and that's, again, where I have to disagree. It's the execution of the mod that I have a problem with and the outrage / pleas for it not being in the current build of Tekkit. The mod is garbage (not the concept) and the fact people are upset because they either have to work around it (your project table room example, which I've done myself), or just manually build stuff (also done this) is just ludicrous.

I'll reiterate to proactively quell the flames, CT3 in concept is a great idea, but the mod itself sucks and either because it sucks real hard or because it's simply incompatible is why it isn't in the latest build.

Oh, I don't DISagree. I don't like CT3, because i feel like it defeats the whole purpose of the modpack. If I just want to have free stuff, and not have to craft it, I'd go into creative. I like crafting, and for me part of the challenge of the game is finding ways around the tedium of long crafting trees.

Oh, I don't DISagree. I don't like CT3, because i feel like it defeats the whole purpose of the modpack. If I just want to have free stuff, and not have to craft it, I'd go into creative. I like crafting, and for me part of the challenge of the game is finding ways around the tedium of long crafting trees.

See the free stuff comment I have a hard time understanding. It's not really free stuff since you still have to go get all the resources. Sure, CT3 allows you to skip some crafting steps, like if you're wanting to make a solar panel, it'll calculate if you have the raw materials enough to assemble the circuits and generator in addition the glass and macerated coal. That's kind of neat.

But there isn't anything free about it, other than saving you some time.

As for the purpose of the modpack, that's a general statement. The purpose of the modpack is to enhance your minecraft experience. Your purpose, my purpose, and smurfkiller's purpose are probably all different and I think the modpack properly captures what we want out of the game.

was crafting table II ever in tekkit?

Yep! At least it was in Technic earlier on. I didn't get into Tekkit until recently and CT3 was already in.

See the free stuff comment I have a hard time understanding. It's not really free stuff since you still have to go get all the resources.

Time is also a resource. Anyway, I've never said that my opinion is anything other than my opinion, based on my personal playstyle. I might look with some disdain on people who use Ct3, but it's the disdain of someone who prefers the satisfaction of the hard way, or the sense of accomplishment at the overly elaborate automated factory way. It's a lazy tool for lazy players.

As I said, it feels too much like creative mode, even if you have to have the basic ingredients in your inventory. I might feel a little better about it if it didn't go searching 3 levels deep through the crafting tree. I should be able to have refined iron, copper, rubber, and redstone and pull entire transformers out without doing the intermediate steps. THAT's the part that feels like 'cheating'. With a project table setup, I can do something similar, but I have to craft each step individually, and manually move or otherwise transport the parts. It at least feels like I'm making the attempt to be 'legit'.

Nothing more than opinion, we all play with our virtual blocks differently. If it's fun for you, then play your single player game your way.

I'd probably keep it blocked on the server I admin even if it weren't bugged, just on general principles though.

I have more issues with EE than CT3 - because I think that the main work should be mining, the challenge should come from the mining and resource management, rather than the memorization of recipes and fiddling with items. It's a personal flavor thing, and I understand other people prefer it another way, but to me, not having to mine or resource manage feels more like creative mode than being able to construct stuff from what you've gathered easily. I've just started exploring project tables, and i find them... weird. I don't know if they're buggy or if I've just not understood how they work yet, but they seem to randomly take materials from my inventory to make the item and randomly just eat the project placing. Anyone knows when it does which?

EDIT: I must say, when it comes to including/not including stuff like CT3 or EE or other things, I say that as long as it's compatible, as long as it fits _decently_ and doesn't go against how the modpack works (say for example adding the class/level system of hack/mine would feel "wrong"), I say just go for it. I prefer if they include as much as possible and just make a simple checklist of what you want to activate or not. I don't particularly like EE and inactivate it completely/mostly whenever I play tekkit or dns (i prefer dns ssp to technic), but I still think it should be in the modpack.

EDIT2: Wow, for "say" in one sentence. I talk to much, I should say. ;)

I have more issues with EE than CT3 - because I think that the main work should be mining, the challenge should come from the mining and resource management, rather than the memorization of recipes and fiddling with items. It's a personal flavor thing, and I understand other people prefer it another way, but to me, not having to mine or resource manage feels more like creative mode than being able to construct stuff from what you've gathered easily. I've just started exploring project tables, and i find them... weird. I don't know if they're buggy or if I've just not understood how they work yet, but they seem to randomly take materials from my inventory to make the item and randomly just eat the project placing. Anyone knows when it does which?

Project tables are easy. make one copy of the recipe in the top, and put all the ingredients in the bottom.

Each time you pull an item out of the result slot, it will use ingredients from the table's inventory, until there's not enough left, at which point it will eat the project for the last one.

If you take, for example, 8 stacks of refined iron, and make one machine block in the crafting area, that leaves you with 8 stacks of 63 in the bottom inventory. Shift-click, and it will use those 8 stacks to give you 63 machine blocks, with one left in the crafting area. take that last one and the recipe disappears like in normal crafting.

They do not touch your main inventory, or shouldn't anyway, other than to deposit finished items.

So when I have a complicated build that requires many steps, I just use one project table for each stage.

This appears to happen when there is unstackable ingredient present in the recipe.

Not necessarily. It just depends if you have any of those unstackable items in the project table inventory. For example when making an overclocking upgrade, if you have 6 spare coolant cells in addition to the rest of the items needed in the inventory and shift click, you'll get 2 upgrades and one left in the crafting area.

Like Buc said, it will only take from the immediate crafting area if there aren't any usable items for the whole recipe either in the crafting inventory or your own.

Like Buc said, it will only take from the immediate crafting area if there aren't any usable items for the whole recipe either in the crafting inventory or your own.

Also, left-clicking will only craft one of the items in question. I use this to create the exact number of, say, MFSUs I want, so as to leave the lapotrons in the project table's crafting area so I can drop more in the storage area. I managed to make a half stack of MFSUs from base ingredients in about 10 minutes one time.