Internal server error, plx help

Akkupack

Question

I am currently experiencing the so called "Internal server error" thing whenever I connect to my Attack of the B-Team private server. Server starts up fine, logging in fine, but after a minute or so it kicks me, then "Internal server error" thing pops up. Reattempting connection doesn't work because the client apparently can't connect to my server (locally hosted), therefore a server restart is required. Server doesn't appear to display any message related to this error. (see edit)

I have had the "Press any key to continue" error with the server console / .bat file previously, which I fixed by replacing the server's mods folder with the one in the .technic/modpacks/attackofthebteam folder.

Server has memory allocation of exactly 1GB, while the client has memory allocation of 2GB. Other players connect via Hamachi. I have 4GB of RAM installed, where only 3.5GB usable. I also have Skype and Chrome usually opened up, but still despite this the memory usage never gets higher than ~3.2GB (strangely).

Help is greatly appreciated, thx in advance.

EDIT: The server console actually appears to display some "end of stream [insert IP here]" messages, around the time I get kicked.

Edited by Akkupack

7 answers to this question

• Moderators

Having same dupe post issues. Arg.

if you can possibly avoid it, don't run the server and client on the same machine. If you have a spare crappy old PC install it there and run the client elsewhere. It sounds like you don't have enough ram to do both on the same PC anyway. 

Edited by AetherPirate

The weirder thing here is that my Tekkit server, with the same mem allocated as on the B-Team server, and the Tekkit client 2GB allocated too, I could play one of my "home-made" Counter Strike with some of my friends without any interferences.

I do have crappy computer, but I think it is too crappy, also parents might be interfering again (as always).

It's easier to just install more RAM, 'cause I need it anyways. My RAM sticks aren't going so well togheder, so I'll do a quick search on E-Bay or other second-hand website (for cheapness sake). I found 4GB DDR-2 stick with a clock of 800MHz, with ten dollars. Worth the price, but not the performance.

Edited by Akkupack