World Generator?

Rickmary

I would like to know if anyone is willing to create a modified world generator. It isnt much different, mainly what I want is for the ocean-level to be at 128 instead of 64, that way It takes longer to go deep underground, I would also like for the ores to be a little larger. That is all, thank you.

I would like to know if anyone is willing to create a modified world generator. It isnt much different, mainly what I want is for the ocean-level to be at 128 instead of 64, that way It takes longer to go deep underground, I would also like for the ores to be a little larger. That is all, thank you.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1077039-125-wedge-the-worldgen-editor-create-worlds-youve-only-dreamed-of-256y-mp/

This is exactly what you're searching for. Once you get the hang of it, you can do pretty much anything you want. Not a 100 % sure for ores, but I'm pretty sure you can change the rarity.

Wedge seems interesting.... But is it compatible with tekkit? I am planning on working with some friends for a private PvP game, the increased height and modified ore distribution were to help when we use voxelsniper to dig a massive canyon area for the arena.

But then it wouldn't keep using that generation. Any new chunks would use the basic generator.

And if the original generation used a normal height at 128, and the new one use height 64, it'll make for an epic drop...

Well obviously you guys forgot something. The plan for this world generation is that it generates a large enough area to support a large Canyon PvP arena, and within the arena the players have to stay. So the whole reverting to norm generation is not a big deal at all.

Well obviously you guys forgot something. The plan for this world generation is that it generates a large enough area to support a large Canyon PvP arena, and within the arena the players have to stay. So the whole reverting to norm generation is not a big deal at all.

Oh right, we should obviously have guessed that! Sorry :D

Well then, I guess you've got your solution.

Alright I have it a try, and it doesnt work properly, the Wedge generator shows no changes to the terrain when generated, nor does it show options for custom ores.

Well, I personally never dug really deep into Wedge, and almost nobody here use it. You'll have more chance if you ask for help on the mod's thread on MinecraftForums.