Defense system

Anyone know a good defense system to keep mobs out a area, but not a big wall? something like tesla coils, but its too complicated with all having to generate and stuff.

Any non-wall defense system is going to require you to generate stuff. the thaumcraft symbols are a good choice if you have a lot of junk laying around, but IC2 defense systems are more renewable.

alternatively, go and tame a pack of dogs.

depends on the area

EE has induction torches which redpower can provide the pulses easily

IC2 has tesla coils...but those need a redstone pulse i belive which means presure plates

you could also place torches so that nothing spawns around your house...

i think thurmcraft has a devide to pull things in...which you could then have a teslacoil to kil the things

If you're not going to go with the technology route, simple and traditional traps are still always effective: Moats will take care of your non-spiders, and cactus ontop of your home to deal with the rest (i.e. spiders). There's nothing much you can do about endermen and their telephoning shenanigans.

For bonus points, try digging drowning traps.

There's nothing much you can do about endermen and their telephoning shenanigans.

Hello? Yes, this is enderman.

The thaumcraft symbols are a good choice if you have a lot of junk laying around

Or, if you don't mind using balance exploits. Since you can make a net gain of matter/energy by cycling between EE and Thaumcraft, just tap off some of the spare vis.

IC2 has a forcefield generator in the works. You have to do a little looking through the wiki to find the actual page, but it's there. From what I remember, the more power going into it the bigger the field. It will also be toggleable with a remote, and, if I understand it correctly, do damage to anything that touches it.