Good ways to remove Fibrous Taint?

Baka94

Yeah I would stay under the silverwood when mining for prometheum in biodome alpha, then when you go to the swamp, use the blooms you find there to clear the island with the silverwood on it.  You can make a quick trip to the plains scouting location to get 4 extra blooms to speed things up.  Once you have some oureclase from the swamp, maybe consider checking out the smaller island across from the silverwood island- it has a tainted node under it, so you'll have to do something about that, but it's got some really great mines, a zombie spawner, all kinds of stuff!

Mining under the tree seems to a good idea. I thought that the silverwood tree only purifies from the surface.

The only problem I'm having now is that I can only mine salt ores and I can't find a way to craft a pickaxe stronger than stone to actually mine the proper ores. Can't even mine iron...

Follow the quests under the instructor, and actually read the quests. They give you instructions for building a Hard Non-Metal pick, and they also give you two separate options for building Soft Metal (which lets you mine iron) and Hard Metal (which you need to mine gold so that you can make casts for your smeltery).  One of the two options uses tech ores, which are extremely rare, but the other option uses alien ores that are far more common.  The ore book offered from the instructor tells you where you can find these alien ores in high abundance.

Again, this is all laid out for you in the quest descriptions, which you should read.

You can mine out under most of the silver wood trees in a 13 block radius or so, without encountering any taint...if you set a waypoint at the tree center you can find it underground (and see it on your map) after that I use a pattern that is quick and efficient, and keep dropping down 4 blocks per level...

As a suggestion, there exist an instrument in the thaumcraft mod that will help you. first you will need to research it, under the Apocrypha section. it is called the Shovel of the purifier and is expetially good to remove taint, liquid and gaseous flux. Also when used randomly generates tainted crystals, which are required to make a tainted wand.

for a stupidly easy,very Early game solution to making a wall, that the taint won't climb over, and you can start sweeping clean of taint with eternal blooms,  

use normal wooden fences, it works, just be sure to connect each piece in the wall side to side, and not jump corner to corner, taint can grow across corners.

to get massive amounts of wood, find a great wood sapling, or 4 jungle saplings. each will easily give you 50+ logs per tree.

• 2 weeks later...

Follow the quests under the instructor, and actually read the quests. They give you instructions for building a Hard Non-Metal pick, and they also give you two separate options for building Soft Metal (which lets you mine iron) and Hard Metal (which you need to mine gold so that you can make casts for your smeltery).  One of the two options uses tech ores, which are extremely rare, but the other option uses alien ores that are far more common.  The ore book offered from the instructor tells you where you can find these alien ores in high abundance.

Again, this is all laid out for you in the quest descriptions, which you should read.

And don't forget to read the quests. They seriously help. Especially if you read them. They have great information that can be obtained by reading. :laugh: