[32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix[Infinis for Technic 7/Tekkit 3]

LazDude2012

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see

I wanted a better, more default glowstone, because 1. I don't like the look of a huge pile of lamps hanging off the ceiling in the Nether, looks terrible. and 2. Energy Collectors. They need to look good, and a grate cut into a lamp looks terrible. The moral of the story? If you want lamps, why not use lamps? I kept them as lamps. :P The default-looking glowstone can't be changed, not without EE looking hideous. And I love me some EE. Sorry, gents.

EDIT: AlexandraLenox, the mods around here tend not to appreciate double posts, just a heads up.

I see your point, how about changing jack ol anterns I really hate them.

into what? v 0.5 (not quite released, but really close, I swear) has creeper faces on the jack-o-lanterns. That cool enough?

The only thing that really bugged me about pumpkins vs. jack o lanterns was that they looked identical except that jack o lanterns let off light. Nothing serious, but it was just one of those details that just bugged me.

Please tell me the jack o lanterns have yellow or something to represent that they are lit up?

Edit: Oh, those images on the OP are looking fine! Everything's so smooth, clean, and, and... Simple. I love it - I love the passionate practicality of it.

I think I may write a love poem to these textures by the time it's all said and done.

I am a huge fan of John Smith and a huge fan of Tekkit and to put the two together would be amazing. I have been looking for some Tekkit support for John Smith around the web and have been unsuccessful in my searches. I like the work that you have done so far and look forward to seeing more. I do think though that the glow stone texture is a bit out of place and needs to be a bit more of a orange color rather than bright yellow. I was thinking I could put something together that would be more appealing to the eye and fit with the texture pack at the same time. I can also help you with some of the other textures if you would like as I am a bit of a graphic designer myself. Other then that everything looks great so far keep up the good work!

I've already got a co-author, but I do take submissions for textures into consideration. However, I am quite stuck in the mud about my glowstone texture. I love it, and it looks good in EE collectors. Up next is the BuildCraft blocks. (and possibly EE rings and items :D )

Edit: FlipSide, do you mean the engines core? I made it the way it is to make it look more mechanical and less magic. I'm not a fan of magic blocks in techmods (the reason I don't like BuildCraft).

Double Edit: Don't mean to sound like a jerk, or an asshole or anything, but I'm really doing this for me. I'm releasing it for others to enjoy too, but I'm making a pack I can look at and say, "Wow, that looks beautiful." I did some of the things like engines and glowstone to my own tastes, and because that makes them look better when combined with other items. This is where the asshole part comes in: if you don't like the pack, you can certainly change it. (if I like your version, I'll even include a link to yours in the OP) But I won't, unless it's something that strikes me *personally* as being off.

Ok well either way I am looking forward to the official release of the pack, because then once everything is done I think everything will look great together so maybe it looks a little out of place now, but when the official release comes around it might look great with everything else. But still you and your co-author are doing an amazing job I think that once this is done it will be stunning.

I meant the core like you said, I aldo prefer less "magical" looking things, but I feel it would look better on the base or moving segment of the engines.

Just my opinion, and I like the glowstone texture, we can use redstone lamps if we want easy lights now.

This is awesome!! I really hate Sphax in general, and I can't stand vanilla after using texture packs for so long! I am going to try this out when I get home :D! If there is ANYTHING I can do to help this project, I will totally toss my hat in to get it done. <3

Do you watch MonkeyFarm on YouTube? I was just wondering because the terrain file you use for the download is the customized terrain file that he uses. I know because I have downloaded that terrain file myself and customized it to my own personal likings. Anyways its pretty cool to have found someone else that watches MonkeyFarm if you do.

I tried out the pack today and the things that have been done are amazing! I really like how everything that is done looks like genuine John Smith! Also after using the glowstone I no longer thinks it all that bad. Anyways everything looks awesome and I can't wait for the next update, keep up the good work!