So I got to experiment with a tablet

Valkon

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another avatar picture. I decided to remake the one I made for Jorcer.

SNIP

Behold the Viking Hacker in his natural habitat, a subway bench.

Haha! I love it :)

Awesome work on all of the avatars Valkon... If you keep it up everyone here will have one

• Moderators

Haha! I love it :)

Awesome work on all of the avatars Valkon... If you keep it up everyone here will have one

I doubt giving 124.000+ users their own personal avatar something an artist would look forward to :P

No need "to do me", Valkon. 'Cuz you already done me :)

Decided to try something a little different. Foreground (Beast + grassy hill) done in Photoshop, background (everything else) in Illustrator.

eMyslFq.jpg

Based on the Amiga game Shadow of the Beast. Also, I've realized I'm not as good with Illustrator as I am with Photoshop.

• 1 month later...

To use the dodge/burn tool, which I hadn't noticed before. Basically what they do is increase/decrease the color of whatever you're using it on, so the highlights are done with the dodge tool and the shadows with the burn tool.

Usually I like to create a mini-pallet by picking a high, mid, and low color for a section. Altering the color for high and/or low can create some interesting effects, like a subtle glow to an enchanted weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa whats going on in this thread

This thread is now being converted into so I got to experiment with sculpt tool in blender

fz64SXf.png

Now I'll just try using Blender's vertex paint tool thing and

tYZ1BoX.png

Oh.

I hope it's not a self-portrait...

Nope.

It's supposed to be a head of an angry overweight man (it even has those popping vein things) but I obviously need to practice sculpt tool more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whats a thing.

thing

/THiNG/

Noun

1. ValkonX11's minecraft skin/forum avatar guy wearing modular powersuits armor and doing a plasma ball with the power gauntlet
  2. Something else I dunno

Right out of the Dictionary dictionary

Gotta' love that facial expression, considering what power he wields. He looks rather bothered with it, but in a Shikamaru sense.

i think he's just finding the whole experience rather limiting.

i mean, the power suit's great and all, but it's nothing compared to the thaumic conundrum generated with a little tinkering.