Modpacks crash (freeze) at Mojang screen

Exaroz

I recently put together a custom modpack for me and my friends to play around in. At first I just tried adding mods to the existing Ultra Modded Survival - which didn't work. Then I tried adding a few mods to the Test Pack Please Ignore - which also didn't work. I then tried to make a modpack of my own from scratch but alas, it did not work either. All of them hung up in the loading screen.

I then figured I'd try to run only the Ultra Modded Survival (without modifying it at all) and it didn't work either - the same went for Test Pack Please Ignore: Both of them crashed at the loading screen.

The only modpack(s) that actually work are Blightfall (and Vanilla).

Here is the log for my custom modpack.
http://pastebin.com/vkk0QDgF

Here is platform URL:

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/komppanieofficialmodpack

I'm using Windows 10 - my java version is 8, but the legacyjavafixer is in all the modpacks I've tried. I've tried allocating 1, 3, 4, 6 and 7 GB of ram to the modpacks, but it still won't work. I've also tried reinstalling the technic launcher, deleting the .technic, .minecraft folders multiple times. It just doesn't seem to work, and I can't figure out why! (Yes' I've tried "just waiting", hours, in fact.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If any other information is needed, I'll gladly provide it!

Thanks in advance.

Can you open your log (the one that you posted) and search it for the term "Unable to launch"? Did you find it? What does it say? Is there a line like "Caused by:" in the next few lines? What does it say?

Did you google that phrase that is after "Caused by:"?

Report back with conclusions if you do all that above.

Thread moved to Platform Pagoda.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, I'm not really good at using forums.

You're probably referencing the "Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded" line? I've tried googling it but I'm not really sure what the result means (Sorry, English is my third language). Is it that it spends too much time doing this "Garbage Collection" or that I haven't allocated enough memory or something along those lines? if so, how do I fix it other than allocating more RAM to it?

Thanks for the reply.

The conclusions are good so let's continue. "OutOfMemoryError" pretty much means what is says. Now let's find the cause.

We're suspecting a memory problem so let's search that log for the phrase "Memory:" How much memory does you're launcher allocate?

[B#313] 2015/09/08 22:31:04 [INFO]      Memory: 88178400 bytes (84 MB) / 257425408 bytes (245 MB) up to 477626368 bytes (455 MB)

[B#313] 2015/09/08 22:31:04 [INFO]      JVM Flags: 5 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx7168m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx6G -Xmx512M

I'm not really sure which one of these it is, but I had it set to 7GB in the launcher's "Java Settings". Is it the "84 MB / 245 MB up to 455 MB?"

Look at your -Xmx arguments. You have two of them. You should have one. The "-Xmx6G" is added in the launcher but "-Xmx512M" limits your memory for java to 512MB.

Go to your system's environment variables and remove any argument like JAVA_OPTIONS that adds "-Xmx512M" to your arguments.

Edit: after that you should launch and... crash because you added chisel addons to your modpack but you didn't add Chisel itself.

Edited by bochen415

I removed the "Xmx512M" argument and now it works, kinda.

All those modpacks you mentioned as "not working" should now work fine.

Sorry, I forgot to reply since I'm trying to fix the Chisel thing.

Good. I think you can handle the rest. If not, drop a post here.