SkyTechnic/SkyTekkit - A SkyTable inspired map for Technic SSP 7.2.6 and Tekkit 3.1.2

Plasmarf

This is my first map and after wanting to play SkyTable with Technic, I was spurred into action to make one. Thus was born SkyTechnic! Also introducing SkyTekkit, the Tekkit version of SkyTechnic If you are having problems installing, please read the instructions. If you still have problems, please post.

4A6kM.png

You start on a single piece of bedrock with and transmutation table. The table has 81 EMC and only knows dirt, sapling, and bonemeal. Find the hidden materials, make a trip to the nether, and go to The End to kill the end boss.

Rules:

1) No Creative Mode

2) No connecting to the mainland

3) No giving items to yourself or others with TMI, NEI, or Mod/Admin Powers.

3) No MystCraft.

The map is still in a testing phase, so any constructive comments would be helpful.

SkyTechnic (Single Player): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1zfhfdswtgq6l0/SkyTechnic 0.5.zip

SkyTekkit (Multi Player): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ept3ujwfdu93bfm/SkyTekkit 0.3.zip

SkyTechnic Install Instructions:

1) Unpack map save into %appdata%\.techniclauncher\technicssp\saves

2) Go into the world folder and then the data folder.

3) Change the name of the file from tablet_plasmarif to tablet_"Your Username".

SkyTekkit Install Instructions:

1) Unpack map into your Tekkit Server folder.

2) Go into the server.properties file in the main Tekkit Server folder and change the world name to SkyTekkit.

3) Go into the SkyTekkit folder and then the data folder.

4) Change the name of the file from tablet_plasmarif to tablet_"Your Username".

Note: If it shows no EMC after doing this, that is a glitch. You do have EMC and just duplicate something for it to show up. Also you can copy the file for multiple people, but remember to put their username on the file.

SkyTechnic Change Log:

August 26, 2012: Version 0.5

1) Added version number to map.

2) Added Nikolite

3) Added Gravel

August 22, 2012: Version 0.4

1) Moved Gems

2) Added Silver Ore

3) Added Shimmerleaf

4) Removed Thaumcraft Crystals

August 9, 2012: Version 0.3

1) Moved Redstone

2) Added Grassy Dirt to Dirt Ball

3) Removed Wheat Seeds

August 3, 2012: Version 0.2

1) Added bonemeal to the table.

2) Changed rules to include no MystCraft.

August 1, 2012: Version 0.1

1) Posted

SkyTekkit Change Log:

August 26, 2012: Version 0.3

1) Added Nikolite

2) Added Gravel

August 22, 2012: Version 0.2

1) Moved Gems

2) Added Silver Ore

August 9, 2012: Version 0.1

1) Posted

awesome, the people who made skytable are a bunch of dong kings. also, yhe table needs to know how to make bonemeal, and have 81 emc so the player isn't stuck waiting forever for their first tree to grow with nothing to do. also, is mystcraft allowed?

dang it! I wanted to try it but download is broken!

Awww i would LOVE to have mystcraft xD

EDIT: There is a problum, transumtation tablets and learnings are regested by player names.

in other words, that tablet's information is only accessible by YOU. I have 0 EMC and nothing taught beacuse of this.

Awww i would LOVE to have mystcraft xD

EDIT: There is a problum, transumtation tablets and learnings are regested by player names.

in other words, that tablet's information is only accessible by YOU. I have 0 EMC and nothing taught beacuse of this.

Install Instructions:

1) Unpack map save into %appdata%\.techniclauncher\technicssp\saves

2) Go into the world folder and then the data folder.

3) Change the name of the file in there to tablet_(Your Username).

Please read the installation instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about giving you guys enough crystals to build all the way to a thaumic crystalizer and you can get the rest from the wisps.

Edit: On second thought this map is supposed to be a challenge. Will take out the crystals when I get off work later today.

After i flying around, i never found a single tin, silver (probably not needed), nikolite, silverwood related stuffs (leave and that moonplant thingy) and flint for creating diamond. I know that this is still in progress but i just want to tell you what's missing here.

Updated the map to have silver and took out the thaumcraft crystals. Also updated tekkit.

Edit:

After i flying around, i never found a single tin, silver (probably not needed), nikolite, silverwood related stuffs (leave and that moonplant thingy) and flint for creating diamond. I know that this is still in progress but i just want to tell you what's missing here.

You start on a single piece of bedrock with and transmutation table. The table has 81 EMC and only knows dirt, sapling, and bonemeal. Find the hidden materials, make a trip to the nether, and go to The End to kill the end boss.

I do need to add Nikolite, you can do just fine without the leaves of the Silverwood Tree (You're not meant to have everything), and some of the hidden materials are in the Nether. I might add more Silverwood Logs.

Thanks for all of the ideas guys. I'm going to be re-factoring the map just a little bit so it is a challenge. I will have two kinds, one that is easy and the other being very difficult. You should start seeing these maps in the coming week. Keep up the good ideas!

Update: I've been really busy with my studies and I'm sorry for not updating the map. When I can find time I will update it and I hope that will be September 28.