Why does gem armor exist?

Yes, the bukkit team was partially brought over to work on the API. There were also tweets or something like that that the Mojang API would be "very similar" to the structure of MCForge, vaguely hinting that they might be involved too, or at least that the bukkit folks/Mojang have an eye toward making all of the API consistent under one common framework.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

gem is better because it has no durability and all the perks it has you could just keep pounding the person with lightning in quantum armor and bring his armor durability down which will bring the defense down.

You clearly didn't notice, but every possible argument for both has been put forward and the thread died. I'm surprised nobody locked it or something.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean neither saves space?

With quantum, you want full armor, plus ring of the arcana, plus void ring, plus klein star.

With gem armor, you're good to go.

Or you skip the rings and klein star, and we're back to gem armor having more abilities while quantum giving more protection. You can't both have the cake and eat it.

OK im really getting sick of this because all you -->need<-- is the quantum armor the plus ring of the arcana, plus void ring, plus klein star(which doesn't even need to be on the hotbar) and then an alchemy bag, then you dont have to give a crap about "space" have all the abilities and be invincible.

really is it that complicated, i do this exact build and have never had a day in tekkit were i went

O man my WHOLE ALCHEMY BAG is full

gem is better because it has no durability and all the perks it has you could just keep pounding the person with lightning in quantum armor and bring his armor durability down which will bring the defense down.

has anyone taken into account that almost all tekkit battles are in air?

i mean good luck hitting some like that while there zippin around in the air

Quantum is better than Gem in beggining, but in battle gem will win on long term.

Why? Quantum relies on energy. Every time it takes damage, it loses energy. If it cant recharge on middle battle, it will run out of energy. Then is armor wont have any special powers or will be able to absorb any damage. Gem armor doesnt need any kind of support, and if your opponent tries to nuke you, use fly and get away, or Void Ring and teleport, or Mercurial Eye and make a wall of something resistant to reduce damage to non-lethal levels. Even using explode power to dig an hole to bedrock works. (I made this in just a few seconds)

And invincibility is more than 99% more.

Only things that ever damaged me is a nuke or a supercharged creeper. Whose i spoke before how to avoid them. (For creeper, just activate mob repeling and kill him with thunders)

Sure, but Quantum can survive a nuke. And Quantum can hold so much energy and loses so little, you'd have to battle for literally 6 hours straight before it runs out.

I think that tekkit pvp battles are pointless, because they take so long. The thing that you need to do to lure them into a trap, there are some electrocution traps that kill quantum instantly. Tekkit is about cunning and planning in advance, not spam clicking like vannilla battles.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, but Quantum can survive a nuke. And Quantum can hold so much energy and loses so little, you'd have to battle for literally 6 hours straight before it runs out.

Gem can fly over a nuke and avoid it. Also, gem still wins even if it takes 6 hours :P

I think that tekkit pvp battles are pointless, because they take so long. The thing that you need to do to lure them into a trap, there are some electrocution traps that kill quantum instantly. Tekkit is about cunning and planning in advance, not spam clicking like vannilla battles.

The electrocutions traps dont kill quantum instantly... Also, quantum can do a 8 blocks jump and avoid it...

Edit: Sorry for double post.

The electrocutions traps dont kill quantum instantly... Also, quantum can do a 8 blocks jump and avoid it...

Edit: Sorry for double post.

There are electrocution traps which can kill Quantum instantly. Really.

And Gem would probably still lose depending on the weapons used. Quantum absorbs ALL damage, Gem only 90%.

The same trap could be used on the guy in Gem to kill him the same. It would also be a smaller setup than killing the guy with quantum. Also, it doesn't matter the armor in SMP. If one guy has a diamond war hammer it's game over for the other.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all gem would win eventually. It's going to take a long time but quantum will eventually run out of EU. Also with a in air battle it takes 100 hits from a nano saber to even deal a heart to a gem armor guy, so unless someone is going to be chucking nukes and charged creepers at them, gem>quantum.

It would probably be pretty evenly matched, in a realistic situation. Good luck hitting a guy bouncing around in Quantum. Good luck hitting a guy flying way up in the air in Gem. Sure, Quantum will run out of EU eventually, but it takes longer than you think. One of the two fighters is bound to get bored or has to leave long before the armor is depleted.