Server lagging (due to multiple worlds?)

BukkitHost

So I'm running a tekkit server with an average of 20+ players online.

Everything was running smoothly until last night, when I created a second world (using multiverse) for people who wanted to PVP and use EE2 items.

Ever since then, the server has been getting horrible lag spikes every few minutes. It's not continuous lag though. One minute it'll be perfectly lag free, the next there will be a 10 second lag spike.

I've got a feeling it has something to do with players teleporting between the worlds, but I'm not sure.

This is angering my players, and myself.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Once thing I've learned after 2 years of running a minecraft server, and developing plugins myself... /reload is the devil.

I think I may have found the issue. Someone was running around with a p.stone turning a bunch of stuff into sand, much of which was affected by physics.

I think I may have found the issue. Someone was running around with a p.stone turning a bunch of stuff into sand, much of which was affected by physics.

Sounds like someone need to run around behind him with a nano saber...

• Forum Administrators

Have you try'd to /reload

And it's probably not the world.

People might be using nuke's,Mining lasers, Or any other stuff to do with the lag.

NEVER use the /reload command on Tekkit. It will break all the things. Stop, then start. Never /reload.