I'm new and I need some help.

dayenk

Hey guys, I just made a tekkit server, and its working. I have a question, how do I update my server when a new version of minecraft comes out, without losing me and my friends work? And, how do I update to the latest version of tekkit? Any help will be greatly apprieciated.

If you're asking for a step-by-step tutorial for a variety of activities, those may get made when new versions come out. Don't count on all of them even being backwards-compatible, though, let alone easy to convert. That's just how modded Minecraft works. If that's not what you're looking for, why are you asking such broad and generalized questions?

First, have all your friend and you download the latest version of Tekkit with the TechnicLauncher. Then, download the most recent server version on the main site. And then, copy-paste your world file from the ancient server folder to the new.

First, have all your friend and you download the latest version of Tekkit with the TechnicLauncher. Then, download the most recent server version on the main site. And then, copy-paste your world file from the ancient server folder to the new.

This assumes block ID and world structure stay the same between major versions. It usually doesn't happen.

This assumes block ID and world structure stay the same between major versions. It usually doesn't happen.

Is that so? To be honest, I went with logic, since I'm not presently maintaining a server, but I would've thought the incompatibility would've been mentioned on the News Page, like it was for 7.2.

...I would've thought the incompatibility would've been mentioned on the News Page, like it was for 7.2.

Most likely it would. It's just that he's asking about future versions, and there's no way to predict compatibility or otherwise, so he's kind of wasting his time.