Launcher won't install modpack

lordarrani

For some reason the launcher is failing to recognize a modpack that I've made. It will set up the files and add it to my launcher screen, but will not actually unzip the ZIP. Console output is in the attached image. Honestly, I don't know what most of it means, but it does say something about access being denied.  

As far as I know, I did everything right; modpack is zipped up with the correct file format and (I think) modpack.jar, copy.com link ends in ?download=1 and should be public. Here's that link, by the way. https://copy.com/B4fPXUcLMbUknm37

If anyone has any idea as to why it's failing, I'd appreciate the help. 

Glitch.png

One problem is the modpack you tried to run (illuminaughty-craft) simply does not exist on the platform.

The second one is your launcher is denied from reaching the mods directory for some weird reason, do you have security software enabled that could be blocking access (anti virus, firewall)?

One problem is the modpack you tried to run (illuminaughty-craft) simply does not exist on the platform.

The second one is your launcher is denied from reaching the mods directory for some weird reason, do you have security software enabled that could be blocking access (anti virus, firewall)?

Erm... Well, I've honestly just been keeping the illuminati thing for jokes. I know that it is, and has been gone for months.

I'm not certain about that second thing. I've never encountered it before, and I have been creating and playing with technic modpacks for a couple years now. 

I'll mess around with installing some other third party packs and see how it goes. If the problem persists with other packs, I'll look into my security settings. 

Edited by lordarrani

I took a closer look at your modpack.. Seems like you have everything right except the zip file structure, maybe there were some additional settings there that the basic zip extractor cannot parse. I repacked your modapck zip file and the launcher installed your modpack in seconds. I'm using WinRar with the zip setting.