Geothermal Generators not working

Teraku

Question

Title: Geothermal Generators not working

Version: 3.1.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_014

Description of Problem:

I fill my geothermal generators using lava cells. They do not seem to produce or transfer any energy, unless something else is also transmitting power on the same network (Such as Generators and reversed charging benches).

Error Messages:

Error Log:

14 answers to this question

I'm connecting it using Copper Cables. The Geothermal Generator is connected to a Charging Bench, Extractor, Macerator, Electric Furnace and Compressor. There's also a regular generator on the same cable network.

If you don't have a batbox then it's almost certain that you're losing all your power in the cables. You can only go 4 cables with copper before you lose 1 EU. Your generators won't be putting out much more than that. Add some batboxes

If you don't have a batbox then it's almost certain that you're losing all your power in the cables. You can only go 4 cables with copper before you lose 1 EU. Your generators won't be putting out much more than that. Add some batboxes

Do you even know how much Geothermal Generators output? 20. 20 EU/p. Between the machine needing it, and the Geothermal Generator, is exactly ONE piece of cable. One. Even if the loss was rounded up, it should still be receiving 19 EU/t. So it's not energy loss.

Yes, I know how much a geothermal generator produces, but compared to HV solar arrays or a reactor 20 EU/t is nothing.

Since the critical information here is something you've only just told us, that there is only one block of cable involved. How were we supposed to know that losses aren't an issue?

Perhaps a picture of the setup would help us work out whats wrong

Between the machine needing it, and the Geothermal Generator, is exactly ONE piece of cable.

Machines don't work well, or sometimes at all, when a generator is trying to power them directly. DanielJin's right - a batbox in the middle is a good idea.

Machines don't work well, or sometimes at all, when a generator is trying to power them directly. DanielJin's right - a batbox in the middle is a good idea.

it is the same for me it does not produce power, but it has done before,and the batbox does not make a differance either when i add it to the network but i can get power by using a battery (i use gold cables)

it is the same for me it does not produce power, but it has done before,and the batbox does not make a differance either when i add it to the network but i can get power by using a battery (i use gold cables)

i have been playing now and now solars dont work but if i spam a battery in either of them it sends small power into the wires

Since updating my Tekkit server, geothermal generators have stopped working properly. They worked find previous to the patch, but now they dont fully charge. I have lava being pumped into them, and they are filled, but have the tiniest bit of charge stored

The problem is the cables I found out. The generators work if they are directly next to a machine or batbox. And Wendo, don't be rude. Besides geothermal generators are the best power option for the price and require much less work than a nuclear reactor. I am going to try all the different cables to see if I can get anyhting to work. I will post again if I find a fix. So far gold and copper do NOT work.

Guest Ysharma

Im really sorry, but i posted the reply on the wrong thread

But i am having this problem too

have you tried routing the cables through a different face of the generator