Launcher Option: Barebones

jakj

Question

Any way there could be added a "barebones" launcher option, that has just Modloader, Modloader MP, and Forge?

My theory...and this is just a theory, mind you...is that this barebones version would be much less complicated to maintain than the full pack, meaning that those three mods could be kept pretty much at their newest versions without massive problems.

My reason for wanting this is that I want to easily be able to use the launcher to up my RAM allocation, and that you guys know what the hell you're doing when it comes to these meta-mods, and then I can just throw some crap in as I feel like it that particular day, and if I want to just kill it and go with a whole new set of mods, all I have to do is move .zip files and start a new world.

In theory.

4 answers to this question

Indeed. Baby steps though. We're all volunteers so it's hard work to keep everything going let alone put out new functionality.

Hey, y'all have done a kick-ass job. I decided the normal Technic was cramping my style, so I backed it up and installed the dev version. Put in the newest versions of IC2, charging bench, forestry, and logistic pipes, and threw in crystal wing, iron chests, portal gun, death chest, shelves, armor stand, and more stackables, and not one single crash.

Not one.

Not even with Somnia (though to be fair, I only ever use it once to register the bed).

So yeah. Technic works. :D