Tekkit Server requirements?

Talasa

Hi everybody been looking through the forum and page but did not really find anything helpful :(

I would like to setup a Tekkit server and would love to know what the Server requirements for a Tekkit server are. Can you tell me what i need for a 5 Slot Server and also how much each slot extra would need.

Thx 4 your time :)

On the vps that we ran we had no trouble at all running on 1.5 gig restarting it every 2-3 days upgraded to 2.5 gig no need to restart ran for 2 months 5 people

But that was with a tight nit community

I want to get up to 30 people for a Australian Tekkit server

I am asking a similar question but not getting the response I was hoping for

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/new-server-questions-need-a-little-advice-and-ideas.19458/

The vps had 4 gigs Tekkit had dedicated 2.5

Actually your hardware is only the start of it, you need a good upload/download rate also.

I have a 20 man server with 3GB ram and a Dual core 2.4 ghz. My upload is 3mb and i use about 1/6 of that.

With about 12 plugins the server has been constantly running for the past 4 weeks, the only downtime being when people openly abused Nukes, which after removing was a simple matter.

Try getting Nolagg on the server to help make it run better and more sustainable.

As a minimum you want atleast 1.5Gb and a dual core of any speed +2.0 and atleast 1mb upload or your friends are going to lag horribly.

I've been hosting 30 people COMFORTABLY on a tekkit 3.1.2 server in 1.6gb of ram on Akliz.

I usually have anywhere from 500 to 300mb free according to /lagmem.

The only problem I have is the occasional misbehaving plugin...

• 7 months later...