EE2 smp in next tekkit?

@SimpleGuy You're welcome to run your server as you see fit.

I, however, can't wait for EE to hit Tekkit SMP so the people on my server can play it. I've been waiting for the SMP for months, ha-ha.

Yep, though don't get me wrong! I'm excited to see such a celebrated SSP mod be released for SMP, and many people on the server originally got into Tekkit thinking EE was on it (and only stuck around because I gave them cookies... er I mean I'm really just that cool of a guy...). I'll be interested to see it in its final implementation before judging it, particularly the Density Gem (definitely butchered that name) and all the AoE block removal items in it.

Agreed on the fence sitting, it would depend on how much I can limit the ability to create things like Diamonds. I kinda like the rarity of diamonds and the choice to sacrifice 64 coal to get 1 more diamond. It seems a nice ratio, compared to the 64 cobblestone it takes in this mod. I mean by itself because of the expensive items it brings, great, but with other mods it cheapens their progression to almost instantaneous.

Making diamonds isn't that easy. One diamond costs 8,192 EMC. Gold is 2,048, so you need four to make a diamond like before. Iron is 256, so you need eight per gold, or 32 per diamond. Cobble is worth one each. I'm sure you can do the math on that. So it's actually worth going out and mining, instead of sitting around your base tending the machines.

Yep, with the new EMC values it's not worth harvesting cobble to make diamonds as it takes 128 stacks of 64 to get one diamond.

with Philosopher's Stone, 64 cobble into 8 redstone, then into 2 iron, macerated into 4 ingots. With Philosopher's Stone 4 ingots into 4 glowstone, into 16 glowstone dust, then into 96 (64 + 32) redstone dust, redstone dust into 64 coal. Macerate coal into 64 coal dust, then craft into 8 coal balls, then with compressor for compressed coal balls. Craft coal balls with obsidian into coal chunk, then compress it into industrial diamond. Industrial diamond + 2 sticks into diamond shovel, then Philosopher's Stone and diamond shovel into 1 diamond.

Edit:This is older version, but there are cycles with ores into dust into ingots back into ores. (Unless im mistaken and its been removed)

Then if you get Matter Generator and Collector its almost as easy as anything to do.

Mind you maybe I'm wrong and this has been balanced well, which is good.

Edit 2: I think its more the fact of regardless you turn limited resources into theoretically unlimited, given you have enough time to create a generator and use lots of stacks.

The new version doesn't allow you to get ores anymore, you always get ingots so the macerating to get double is gone.

Also there is no direct transmutation between fuel and matter (redstone, coal, etc are fuels).

It takes less time and resources to setup a IC2 Mass Fabricator

that all depends, lets wait for EE SMP to actually be out so they can look at it. then it can be judged.

Well when it does come out (and is for bukkit (we all know, someone will make it)), they will more than likely put it into consideration since EE is already in the single player technic.

It's true that building and setting up IC2's mass fabricator is a lot faster and cheaper, but setting up the kind of power infrastructure required to run it is a lot more time and resource intensive. Mass fabricators are also a lot less versatile than "build an Anti-Matter Relay and Energy Condenser, shovel in your garbage, take out what you need."