Soul and Greed's guide to tekkit servers

soulgriever

Hidden

It's ok greed as we settle the issue and something positive may have come from the misunderstanding (Private Message Conversation between him and I). Either way, I am eager to see the original post expand so I can get some ideas from you guys for my server.

Thanks Soul and Greed for sharing information. Too many servers battle each other, when there's really more than enough people to go around. I've ran a normal MC server for almost 3 years and it was wildly successful until I was forced due to family situations to back out a little. Now I'm focusing my attention on Tekkit and I do have to say, it's a bit more complicated/quirky/touchy on resources ;)

Why do you disable Wireless Redstone and Additional Pipes? Is it because of griefing uses or server performance? Maybe in your post you specify the reasoning.

I run a server for my friends and I. I'm more concerned about performance issues in mods than griefing.

I also prefer Residence over Towny like you. Found Towny to be a pain because it protects everything even the wild. Residence only protects things people want to protect.