Exploration Halt

DarkRift

Hi Everyone, So I've been playing for a few weeks now, and there's one area that's really stopping me from going any further in my exploration of the area around it. I keep getting killed by one of the custom NPC's that guards the Eerie island. Without giving away much more I am simply being completely destroyed by this NPC repeatedly, and he's even camping at the Teleport crystal, so I can't TP to the Isle anymore. Anyone know what kind of gear is required to get past him, or should I just nab the flowers around him and try to get a full terrasteel/Bound set that I can enchant using a botanical enchanter? (yeah I know those sets are overkill in most cases, but he kills me in two hits most of the time, and that's in partially enchanted iron armor.)

I managed to trap him in a safari net (early in the game you can obtain the required elements with the supplier) and then just created a cage from which i could slowly chip away at his health.

You don't even need a safari net, just get to eerie island and build the trap, then lure him in.

oh, So Flux infused or a Crystal Bow would work. I used a Sword of the Zephyr to get up to the top, so it's not like I'm far from making the required items to hit him from afar I am just so used to all the enemies carrying guns, so I just bum rush them all because it causes them to run around in circles trying to get out of melee. good to know though so I can build a little tower and murder him with bows.