How to set up a Tekkit server Step-by-step guide [Win 7] [Images]

Viderizer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 5

Into the Value end, add "[tt];[/tt]" and then add path to your java /bin directory dependant from your Java version. For me, what I should add is this:

Java6: "[tt];C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin[/tt]"

Java7: "[tt];C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin[/tt]"

5.png

By add path to your folder what do you mean o.o ?

Okay not when i click on java says C:\users\name\Desktop\tekkit server>java-Xm2g -jar Tekkit.jar nogui operable program or batch file

C:\users\name\Desktop\Tekkit Server>pause

press any key to continue how i fix this ?

I think it worked before hand but really this doesn't help on how to setup a server either for just me and my friends.

i did all that and start tekkit server i get all the files and fill in the server info.what do i do next?
All you gotta do is use notepad to edit the properties file, save it, Install a custom map if you feel like it Run and use localhost to get on your server.

Okay not when i click on java says C:\users\name\Desktop\tekkit server>java-Xm2g -jar Tekkit.jar nogui operable program or batch file

C:\users\name\Desktop\Tekkit Server>pause

press any key to continue how i fix this ?

I think it worked before hand but really this doesn't help on how to setup a server either for just me and my friends.

Im having the same problem. I have re-downloaded watched youtube videos done everything on here but i just cant do it D:

Also does anyone know how to fix the 'Invisible Entities' Problem?

Oh wait i fixed the server issue above. i have no idea how this happened but It was ALL BECAUSE OF THE FOLDER NAME! i was all raged for 3-5 days tryin to figure tjis out i decided to backup my tekkit server folder. i made one with a different name and it worked! old name was TEKKIT SERVER! newname was tekkits. is that a bug?

But i still need help with the invisible mobs things. Thx! ;)

Okay so i set up A 3.0.4 server just fine, but i have a problem with allowing others to connect. I assumed connection could be established through a network on hamachi using virtual ports and ip addresses but i've had no luck. Can i get a helping hand? My problem seems a lot less severe than many others. If it's a port forwarding problem, I'm not experienced enough with this kind of thing to take care of that on my own. A guide for dummies would be great. Any help really would be awesome thanks.

Okay the Server works for me but my friends cant join at all is there anyway to fix this?

Okay so i set up A 3.0.4 server just fine, but i have a problem with allowing others to connect. I assumed connection could be established through a network on hamachi using virtual ports and ip addresses but i've had no luck. Can i get a helping hand? My problem seems a lot less severe than many others. If it's a port forwarding problem, I'm not experienced enough with this kind of thing to take care of that on my own. A guide for dummies would be great. Any help really would be awesome thanks.

These are both probably Port Forwarding issues

Here is a link to some guides: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Just simply find your router brand (your router not your modem, learn the difference if you don't know) and then your router model then scroll down to the 'Minecraft Server' option.

Oh and I suggest you look into making a static local IP address while you're at it, otherwise you will probably need to port forward everytime you restart your computer(assuming you're using a computer and not a server).

Sorry if this ends up not helping.

Ok whats the original version of the path variabile becouse i removed the old one and just copy pasted the java code.

That was a mistake. Your path variable is dependent heavily on the software you have installed, your OS, etc. You may see some programs not working, you may notice longer load times on some things, or you may see nothing at all change.

once the launcher.bat has ran at least once, new files and folders appear. In the same folder where you have your launcher.bat, should be a file called server.properties - open that with Notepad/Notepad++ or any other text editing program and then set up your IP address and so on .

Hello, I keep running into the problem of this

RUN BATCH FILE

Java is not recognized as a internal or external command, batch file or operable program.

I did what was listed above but noticed my Path file looked like this

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

There is even more to that. Any help?

(I'm currently running Windows Vista with 4gb ram and 64-bit OS)

i get c:\users\NAME\desktop\tekkit sever> jave -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar tekkit.jar nogui

'java' is not recongnized as and internal or external commend operable program or batch file.

and sya press any key to continue and shuts the whole thing down i cant start it at all

Hello, I keep running into the problem of this

RUN BATCH FILE

Java is not recognized as a internal or external command, batch file or operable program.

I did what was listed above but noticed my Path file looked like this

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

There is even more to that. Any help?

(I'm currently running Windows Vista with 4gb ram and 64-bit OS)

i get c:\users\NAME\desktop\tekkit sever> jave -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar tekkit.jar nogui

'java' is not recongnized as and internal or external commend operable program or batch file.

and sya press any key to continue and shuts the whole thing down i cant start it at all

Refer to step 4 and 5 of the guide, that should help.