Minecraft version update failed while loading Tekkit

IOED

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.2

Java Version: 1.6.0

Antivirus Program: N/A

Description of Problem:

Prior to the release of Minecraft 1.3, I downloaded the technic launcher and logged in. Everything worked fine. Now, I am attempting to get a Tekkit server set up so I can play with my friends. I thus logged in with the tekkie mod pack selected. First, it says "Contacting minecreft.net" as normal, the it starts downloading minecraft.jar. This is where the problem is. The .jar file attempts to download 3 times, and at the end of the third time, a message comes up saying "Error, update failed". I'm pretty sure the launcher is attempting to download mine craft 1.3.1 when it's supposed to download 1.2.5. Technic SSP still works fine though. Any ways to fix this?

Error Messages:

Update failed

21 answers to this question

My brother and I had the same problem and found using an old minecraft trick( before there was a force update button ) solved the problem.

Going into the roaming folder and deleting the mod pack's folder you're trying to update forces it to update without a problem. I haven't found a cause for this to happen, but it is strange.

Just in case you don't know how to do this here is a little tutorial:

1. Open the start bar and search for %appdata%.

2. Open the folder called .techniclauncher

3. Locate the mod pack (or vanilla) that you wish to update

4. go into it and save any maps or texture packs ETC. that you want to keep

5. After saving the above (if needed) hit back and delete the modpacks folder

What this does is it basically makes it so if you never played the modpack before and downloads the most recent version.

If you need any other info just reply! :D

My brother and I had the same problem and found using an old minecraft trick( before there was a force update button ) solved the problem.

Going into the roaming folder and deleting the mod pack's folder you're trying to update forces it to update without a problem. I haven't found a cause for this to happen, but it is strange.

Just in case you don't know how to do this here is a little tutorial:

1. Open the start bar and search for %appdata%.

2. Open the folder called .techniclauncher

3. Locate the mod pack (or vanilla) that you wish to update

4. go into it and save any maps or texture packs ETC. that you want to keep

5. After saving the above (if needed) hit back and delete the modpacks folder

What this does is it basically makes it so if you never played the modpack before and downloads the most recent version.

If you need any other info just reply! :D

Thanks, it worked perfectly!

I recently installed the Technic launcher and all that had the java directory problem fixed it and now when i try to log in and play it says there's an update so i go to do the update after about 5 mins it will say that the update failed. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this?

I hawe gone trough almost every forums trying to fix the update message and nothing worked...But i tryd one last thing witch worked for me...what i did is....I asked a friend who has tekkit to send me heas files of .minecraft

and .techniclauncher and as soons as i copyd them it has been fixed...i hoped it helped....sory for bad engrish! :D