Fabricated oil to fuel to EU, worth it?

Triple_T

Alright so, I'm sure this may have come up before but I figured a simple question might grant me a simple answer so here it goes. I was wondering if it would be worth it to use tekkit's oil fabricator to generate additional energy. The way I see it, I'd have the Oil Fab, connected to a refinery (also being power by EU via energy link) and have that fuel created by the refinery fuel combustion engines and have that energy being produced being placed back into a MFSU, would it be advantageous to waste time and resources building this or would I be shooting myself in the foot here. Again if someone has made something similar to this, please let me know.

I doubt you'd come out ahead but why not make a closed system to find out? Both Oil fabs and Refineries take crazy amounts of power. You would probably be better powering the refinery from the combustion engines once they are running too.

Alright so I tested it and it turns out the very existence of an oil fabricator is useless production-wise. The device itself eats up 250eu/t the single refinery receives 72eu/t although you can hook up more refineries and it'll still consume together the same amount of energy while not sacrificing productivity (correct me if I'm wrong). The combustion engine only seems to provide roughly 40-60 eu/t per combustion engine with a grand totaly of 322eu/t being spent on it.

Uh, I'm not sure since you have aparently converted everything into EU/t. But that still doesn't sound right.

The rate that fuel is used is going to be less then the rate that oil is fabricated, which is again diffrent to the amount eneded to produce it.

The only way to test, would be to get a finate amount of oil (say a tanks worth) Pre-fill the engines with fuel(so only whats used is replaced, 2 engines to max out production), output it to a fuel tank, then burn all that fuel into EU with an energy link, storing it in an MFSU.

Then burn a tanks worth of oil into a 2nd MFSU. (If I recal right, the oil fab takes the same EU as the oil will produce). If the first MFSU has the higher value, then the diffrence is how much you will produce per tanks worth of oil. Else it's a loss.

True, I thought about that after but at a current exchange it's brutal, I suppose the more combustion engines you use the faster you'll get your return, otherwise to get exact amount yeah I'd have to do it by buckets instead of piping it all.

I've posted this multiple times before, but: behold the infinite fuel loop.

Combustion Engines powering refineries and an oil fabricator (via Engine Generator from Power Converters.)

Oil feeds back into the refineries.

Refineries produce enough fuel to keep all the engines running, plus a little extra.

NiT1q.jpg