The forbidden subject...

VideoBoy

Please do us all a favor and retake algebra. In any proper graph, the X axis represents TIME. The Y axis would represent the output.

I accept to discuss with you, but there is no need for useless personal insults. In the linear cartesian graph I gave in example, the unit for the X axis is Height (meters). It is a well known, scientific graph representing a well-known formula. So, no, the X isn't necessarily X. Also, the collector example you gave works indeed, but that is suggesting that as soon as a collector is created, it is placed, receives another collector in it's objective case as well as all the machinery needed by this system, IE an energy condense, a set of transposers, deployers etc. Possible, but difficult to imagine if you ask me.

Matejdro, you have a different, and interesting perspective of the problem, but again, that is suggesting that every time there is a new set of components created via automatic crafting of the scrapboxes output, it is automatically placed, setup and run. Again, it is theoretically exponential, but in practice, it's not. That is, until someone shows me a self-growing scrapbox factory. :D

Yea, I meant IC2 scanner and EE's divining rod. Plus you can clear huge area with desctuction catalyst and then just spam divining rod. You are guaranteed to find a lot of ores. I guess X-ray can be a problem on a PvP server for finding secret bases, but you don't get a lot of advantage by using it on ores.

Of course I meant only theoretical. Scrapbox factory is not nearly capable of reproducing itself at any decent rate.

There is a legit alternative to xray? Please, do tell.

Bro, read my post:

-_-

Small scrapbox factory with MV solarpanel -> free materials out of thin air -> upgrade to HV solar panel -> more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials

Exponential growth. Specially if any extra power not used to burn cobble into scrap goes to a mass fabricator which makes even more materials. XD

Stack of diamonds a day. Could be more depending on how many block breakers and recyclers you add. :P

I accept to discuss with you, but there is no need for useless personal insults. In the linear cartesian graph I gave in example, the unit for the X axis is Height (meters). It is a well known, scientific graph representing a well-known formula. So, no, the X isn't necessarily X. Also, the collector example you gave works indeed, but that is suggesting that as soon as a collector is created, it is placed, receives another collector in it's objective case as well as all the machinery needed by this system, IE an energy condense, a set of transposers, deployers etc. Possible, but difficult to imagine if you ask me.

Matejdro, you have a different, and interesting perspective of the problem, but again, that is suggesting that every time there is a new set of components created via automatic crafting of the scrapboxes output, it is automatically placed, setup and run. Again, it is theoretically exponential, but in practice, it's not. That is, until someone shows me a self-growing scrapbox factory. :D

I am not saying that the x axis always represents time. Rather, in this case, to prove or disprove videomakers point, the x axis should represent time.

And it doesn't matter one bit the delay to add in a new collector. Lets say you use that to round it up to five, or even six hours.

As a server OP, I have four of the common hack clients.

Common features of these hack clients are; chestfinder, fly, nofall damage, water walk and x-ray.

The problem with nocheat plus is there's hardly any cross-compatibility, as block flying interferes with jetpack and swift rending gale. Blocking x-ray with ore obfus will definitely not work, due to the various new ores in tekkit.

I think it should be fairly easy to create plugin to automatically give player permissions to fly when they equiup swiftwolf, jetpack or arcana and then remove permission when they take it off. But still, they may put jetpack on to bypass security, but then use hack fly to gain abilities of swiftwolf cheaply.

If I remember correctly, orebfuscator is highly customizable. It allows you to define what blocks are hidden. But I think it needs Spout, so it would not work with tekkit.

I think it should be fairly easy to create plugin to automatically give player permissions to fly when they equiup swiftwolf, jetpack or arcana and then remove permission when they take it off. But still, they may put jetpack on to bypass security, but then use hack fly to gain abilities of swiftwolf cheaply.

If I remember correctly, orebfuscator is highly customizable. It allows you to define what blocks are hidden. But I think it needs Spout, so it would not work with tekkit.

The only concerning one is xray/chestfinder. Wonder if orebfuscator can be configured for tekkit? Even so, underground bases can still be found with divining rods.

Oreby does not need Spout and you can add custom ores to the config. The reason I don't use it is because engine 1 is pretty much useless, and for engine 2 to work right you have to add all the new semi-transparent blocks to the list. If you don't then any solid block behind a pipe or a tube or anything not square will show up as a random ore. Which I'm kinda lazy to do. The point is: Orebfuscator can be configured to work with Tekkit but it takes some work to set up.

And Matejdro, apparently it's not so easy, otherwise someone would've made it already. It wouldn't be 100% effective against fly mods as you stated but at least they have to get a jetpack before they can start cheating. :P