[Workarounded] [WIN10] Pixel format not accelerated error, cannot load up modpacks

SamMan_

Question

Somewhat fixed: Loading up the modpack outside of the technic launcher seemed to fix this.

The title is pretty self explanatory, but to avoid being bitten by the law, I'll elaborate.

So, what I'm pretty sure of the reason is the fact that I'm running Windows 10. I am aware that new OS, new bugs crop up. So I'm rather prepared for a reply consisting of "Sorry man, no fix", but eh, might as well try.

This bug happens for me when loading up any modpack. The modpack installs fine, I got a pretty reliable anti-virus. However when hitting the "Play" button there is a critical error causing the modpack to fail to load.

Also, loading up a mod outside of the technic launcher works.

Notes: Doing additional research, I found that it could be linked to my graphics cards. For reference my details are:

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

Version: 9.17.10.4229

So I've used the Intel diagnostics tool, and that turned up a dud.

I've tried to update and rollbacked my graphics card driver, so I've tried everything I feel confident doing with my graphics card. (I don't want to permanently disable my graphics card, and have to buy a new one)

Not much more that I can add, except the logs.

Error

Full log

(Also, noticed the links have no option for text title, I believe they are necessary for text-to-speech readers for the blind)

Edited by SamMan_

3 answers to this question

You are in a pretty bad position mate, Intel dropped the ball with Intel HD 3000 cards, there are no drivers working for that graphics card with windows 10.

Here's a fragment of a support chat with intel on the HD 3000 cards:

--------------

You: Do you know what the latest update is for the HD 3000

Reuben: I regret to inform you that Intel has not developed and will not release a new Intel graphics driver for your Intel® graphics controller for Windows 10.

--------------

[Temporary fix]

Im using the Intel HD graphics on my Windows 10 laptop and it's a real pain. 

Samman the only way I've been able to play minecraft is by installing Windows 8 (or 7) on a second partition on my hard drive, because the graphics card is compatible with Windows 8 but not 10. So I recommend this until microsoft update our graphics card. 

Installing Windows 8 is the only way I've found to "fix" this issue and I've got my laptop setup to duoboot Windows so I can switch between Windows 8 and 10 just by restarting my system.